Homebrew Is there a homebrew that can play .mp3,.avi...

Is there a homebrew that can play .mp3,.avi...

• Is there a homebrew that can play .mp3,.avi...

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Is there a homebrew that can play .mp3,.avi...

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Nyannurs

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The stock 3DS application reads .mp3 and .ogg I believe. As for .avi & .mp4, I wonder myself if there is any obscure homebrew to be able to play full .avi movies or something like that on the go. Would the N/O 3DS even be able to play 720p or 1080p taking into consideration how bad it does with YouTube videos?

Reactions: Jwiz33

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Nintendo 3DS Sound application can play .mp3 files and the Nintendo 3DS Camera can play specific .avi files. The thing about the .avi files is that they have to be modified to be used on the 3DS. Also, you have to split whatever you are watching into 9:59 chunks because the 3DS (for whatever reason) cannot read them if the are 10:00 or longer.

keanutah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stock 3DS application reads .mp3 and .ogg I believe. As for .avi & .mp4, I wonder myself if there is any obscure homebrew to be able to play full .avi movies or something like that on the go. Would the N/O 3DS even be able to play 720p or 1080p taking into consideration how bad it does with YouTube videos?
It would be a waste trying to play HD video on a 400px by 240px screen...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Considering the resolution of the top screen, the 3DS isn't exactly a perfect choice for viewing any media. Then again, neither was the DS and I remember spending lots of time fooling around with Moonshell and DPG's. Anywho, at present I don't think there's a full-blown media player for the 3DS - that'd require porting some multimedia libraries over, and that takes time. It's definitely something that'll pop up in the future though - until then you can make-due with PLEX, just be sure to set the output to 480p.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Stecker8

Plug
OP
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country
The Nintendo 3DS Sound application can play .mp3 files and the Nintendo 3DS Camera can play specific .avi files. The thing about the .avi files is that they have to be modified to be used on the 3DS. Also, you have to split whatever you are watching into 9:59 chunks because the 3DS (for whatever reason) cannot read them if the are 10:00 or longer.
With a tool for pc called 3dsvideo can convert .avi to format of 3ds camera

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte