Hacking Is there a fix for Ghostbusters yet?

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent checked in a while and its been quite a few weeks since its release.

is there a fix for the dreaded freezing at the wiimote safety screen yet?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USBLoaderCFG and Neogamma R6 both have the anti-002 fix, which will allow you to run the game on cIOS's pre-13.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A Fix for the ISO it self before burning............ NO
A Fix of the Error 002"b" in cIOSXX Rev14...... NO
But you may run from USB Loader GX and/or NeoGamma for DVD games.

I suggested to WiiPower something, but I think he prefers to ignore and not do it. Why? I don't know.

I asked him to add the option to dump the patched main.dol in RAM after NeoGamma Performs the Patches on the Game.

This way we can replace the main.dol on disc with the patched/dumped from NeoGamma and we can Load from Disc Channel as well.

Of course, this should patch Error 002"b" to the Game ISO.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The freeze on the health screen is not related to the 002 error, there's another game with the same issue, and that game does not have the 002 error.

I think the problem comes from a bad scene release, people who dumped the game themselves and people who downloaded the FULL iso had no problems.

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I think the problem comes from a bad scene release, people who made dumped the game themselves and people who downloaded the FULL iso had no problems.

Agreed, Downloaded full iso and worked fine with no altering of any settings.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiiPower said:
I think the problem comes from a bad scene release, people who dumped the game themselves and people who downloaded the FULL iso had no problems.

I agree on this point, but all my games are ripped from Original Disc using USB Loader GX and extracting the ISO using WBFS Manager.

As far as I know, it only scrubs the image.

None of the games I have fails to load from disc channel using IOS Patched isos to load IOS249 and CIOS60BF.WAD Installed for DCL.

Ghostbusters freezes if I fix the .dol with old error002, but I don't patch it, it boot to Error02 with blue screen. I'm using NeoGamma for this game only.

Cheers!!!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we talking loading the ISO from a WBFS hard drive? If that is the case, I really don't see where the problem is:

Use USB Loader Config

If you have rev13a, just run the game!

If you have anything less than 13a, set anti-002 fix in the game's options and run the game!

I have played nearly through the entire game. I still find it odd that ghostbusters issues threads continue to pop up. There are no issues just as long as you use the correct loader. I am speaking of running via USB HD of course....as I have stopped using backup discs a long time ago!

Btw: I am using the Wiizard release.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm using NeoGamma R6 and Softchip R99. With Cios Rev13 A(pretty positive, I don't know to check and make sure). And I grabbed the full ISO(I don't use scrubbed ones), burned it, popped it in the Wii, and it freezes at the white wiimote safety screen.

Now I searched the forums and some people have came up with silly ideas like to eject the disc once that screen pops up, or hit rotate the thumbstick, etc. But of course these didn't work.

Anyone have a real fix for us non USB loaders?

Actually, I do have an 8GB flash drive. Is this the sort of thing you USB people are using? Any suggestions on which USB loader to use?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can test if you really have a full iso if you compress it with rar. If it looses more than 10 MB, it's scrubbed.

D

Deleted User

well the eject method works if you press eject at the right moment like as soon as the white screen (Wii-remote) shows you press eject and pop it back when your asked to, worked for me but i heard some problems with that method and i would like to try something else since i cant reburn my games for the moent incase someone has a pach for it. yet "BIG BALLS" from AC/DC is one weird song, & funny.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it's still freezing on the disc for me, but I did get it work on my 8GB flash drive at NeoGamma with the Anti 002 Fix enabled. It booted right up.

I'm a linux user, dual booting with XP. So I had to hop onto XP to use the WBFS Tool to add the game to my flash drive. And after the game got done adding it only showed at 2.82GB. Which on Linux in my download folder it oddly shows as 4.4GB. So I think Wiipower is right that it is scrubbed. That's what I get for getting it off of RS and not my usual private tracker.

So for the ones that do not have a flash drive or an external drive(which I'm going to set up my 750GB external to do these games, no more burning), then I guess make sure that the ISO is a 1:1 copy before burning it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, you need to rar it manually to confirm if it's scrubbed or not. In WBFS .isos are automatically reduced to the actual game size.

Rosetta06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plays fine on one Wii, second Wii needs the 002 fix before loading.
Weird anyone have an idea why that is??

brenosabino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there anyway to play Ghostbusters on rev12?
I remember it worked here with rev13a but it don't want to apply 002 fix to everything.
I'm running the latest USB Loader GX with #002 fix on.
I have a NTSC Wii 4.1U with Wiikey 2

*Sorted it out, just need to enable the "ANTI" 002 Fix. I was using the "YES" option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol