Hacking Is there a Complete Guide to Wii modding?

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how to mod your Wii, etc?

I keep hearing of RegionFrii and BrickBlocking games and stuff but I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with all this. So I get a Rom then I have to use some BrickBlocker thing to patch it and THEN burn it? I dunno, is there a guide out somewhere on all the information you need to know before modding your Wii?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep it's called google
tongue.gif

There are also a ton of tutorials stickied in the forums.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
PROTIP: Pirated Wii games aren't usually referred to as ROMs, despite being copied from read-only media. They're normally called ISOs, or Wii "backups."

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh yeah, I've tried Google, but most of the information is pretty dated now. Is there no website or something that I can go to that would have the information on all the different software, etc? And when i buy a game and want to make a backup what software would I need? I plan on using the d2ckey, not the Wiikey (where I know they have the SD Card backup mechanism).

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I got that covered. I got a D2C Chip so it's either Argon or D2cKey... I've been debating in my head for a while now and keep hearing both sides cheering for their chip but decided on D2CKey after SSBB working on it. Argon's lack of Gamecube support, which is a big factor on my part (Aus Games, NTSC Console) made me go with the D2CKey (and it's curious ability to be flawless so far).

Now as I'm waiting to get it modded I want to make sure I know exactly how to burn the games and everything properly. Is there a website that covers all of the steps you have to go through before burn the ISO?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE