Hardware Is there a bracket that allows you to mount the Wii U game pad on a Classic Controller Pro?

Hepklep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was thinking today that I would really like the ability to play my Wii library when I'm in bed or not able to use the TV. While it is great that Nintendo allows for the Wii U to stream video to the game pad, it is disappointing that you can't actually control the games using the pad itself an have to use a second controller. So what if there was a mounting pad or a dock of some sort that would allow for the Wii U game pad to be mounted on top of a Classic Controller Pro in a similar way that Sony allows for their tablets to be mounted on top of their PS3 controllers. (http://cdn02.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/sony-game-controller-mount.jpg) Has anyone heard of something like this on their travels across the web, or am I the only person to think this might be a viable idea?

Hepklep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I know it would be rather bulky, but I am just completely out of idea as to how to make playing wii games on the gamepad actually functional. The fact that Nintendo doesn't allow for the gamepad to control anything at all is rather frustrating.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
So I was thinking today that I would really like the ability to play my Wii library when I'm in bed or not able to use the TV. While it is great that Nintendo allows for the Wii U to stream video to the game pad, it is disappointing that you can't actually control the games using the pad itself an have to use a second controller. So what if there was a mounting pad or a dock of some sort that would allow for the Wii U game pad to be mounted on top of a Classic Controller Pro in a similar way that Sony allows for their tablets to be mounted on top of their PS3 controllers. (http://cdn02.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/sony-game-controller-mount.jpg) Has anyone heard of something like this on their travels across the web, or am I the only person to think this might be a viable idea?
I don't get your point, do you mean "Using Gamepad as a classic controller pro"?

Last edited by AboodXD,

Hepklep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get your point, do you mean "Using Gamepad as a classic controller pro"?
No in this case the gamepad would be used as simply just a screen, all the controlling would be done using the Classic Controller Pro which would be mounted under the Wii U gamepad in this scenario. It's pretty much like when people mount android phones and then use their PS3 controllers to stream PS4 on in a way.

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
No in this case the gamepad would be used as simply just a screen, all the controlling would be done using the Classic Controller Pro which would be mounted under the Wii U gamepad in this scenario. It's pretty much like when people mount android phones and then use their PS3 controllers to stream PS4 on in a way.
Do you mean "play wii using gamepad"? I can't understand.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
He means this, I think.

141112_x.jpg

Reactions: AboodXD

Hepklep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you'd be playing using the classic controller, that's what you'd be using to control the wii games with. The gamepad would be used JUST as a screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He means this, I think.

141112_x.jpg
Yes exactly like that, but instead of an iPhone mounted there it would be the Wii U gamepad.

Hepklep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I get it... I think playing with gamepad itself would be better though.
Oh I agree, it certainly would be better, but something like that would be a lot harder to implement then a cheap bracket because it would mean having to make a custom IOS for the vWii, which is far beyond my expertise.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
No, you'd be playing using the classic controller, that's what you'd be using to control the wii games with. The gamepad would be used JUST as a screen.

Yes exactly like that, but instead of an iPhone mounted there it would be the Wii U gamepad.
For it to not break it'd have to be made of metal/steel or else.. crack.

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Oh I agree, it certainly would be better, but something like that would be a lot harder to implement then a cheap bracket because it would mean having to make a custom IOS for the vWii, which is far beyond my expertise.
Will, from what I know, we need to find a way into cafe2wii to use the gamepad in vWii, a.k.a. IOSU exploit needed.

Hepklep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could try to make one yourself if you have access to it. Bending and soldering metal isn't too hard.
The only thing is any metal that will be malleable enough for me to work with might just bend under the weight of the gamepad. I'll play around with some materials though and see if I can mock up anything decent and report back if I do.

Will, from what I know, we need to find a way into cafe2wii to use the gamepad in vWii, a.k.a. IOSU exploit needed.
I think it might be a while until the public can get their hands on one of the mysterious exploits that have been rumored around the scene at points, so a bracket may be the only short term solution to fix my problem till something possible eventuates from the scene allowing gamepad control in vWii.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'd do it too but knowingly it weighs too much my hands would get tired of trying to hold it so ultimately if I were to game on the GamePad it'd be the tablet controller itself. Although I just can't play Mario Kart 8 properly on it due to the screen being too small.

Hepklep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess you could get a 3D printer and try to make your own gamepad stand.
The problem with 3D printing is if I don't get the measurements exactly right I'll be paying for something useless as it won't fit.

I'd do it too but knowingly it weighs too much my hands would get tired of trying to hold it so ultimately if I were to game on the GamePad it'd be the tablet controller itself. Although I just can't play Mario Kart 8 properly on it due to the screen being too small.
The Classic Controller pro and the gamepad combined weighs roughly the same as an iPad 4, which I will admit is rather heavy, but over the years I've got used to me brick of an ipPad so I reckon id be okay with the weight in small sittings.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just blows my mind that Nintendo didn't give consumers the option to use the Gamepad for Wii games, that would've helped push hardware sales quite a bit I imagine, which would eventually lead to more software (games) sales, and peripheral sales which would be good for Nintendo all around. Perhaps the Wii U would've been at least somewhat more commercially successful that way. I don't think it would've been that difficult for Nintendo to pull off, they could emulate the classic controller pro using the gamepad in its place, video is already streamed to it automatically......

Reactions: Hepklep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night