Hacking Is their such a thing as emulators on wii u besides just nintendo stuff?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol ok so why did brainj say a few posts back he was not prepared to name his emulator that makes zero sense if it's in his Twitter. It's basically like telling someone you have a huge secret and you are not going to tell it but people already know so what's the point in that??
Because that's not the only one.

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Only dirty pirates need it, for USB loading.
And only dirty pirates need 3DS CFW, everything can be done on the homebrew launcher, right? .-.

Well, just for the record, I'm a fucking dirty pirate, and I still wouldn't touch Wii U hacking atm if I had one due to how inconvenient it is.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Woah Woah woah!
I know you don't want Gbatemp shitposting but I do want an exploit - permanent and/or boot-time stuff, CFWs, forwarder channels... All IOSU.
I would also like to be able to keep my retro stuff on a USB too.
Other than that, I agree that most homebrew can be done on kernel, but I'd argue that the launching method would change.
I didn't say that to mean that I didn't want IOSU, just pointing out that those that are not doing homebrew yet, because there is no IOSU, are waiting for a very dumb reason. It was kind of a loaded response, half-heartedly said. Basically, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing homebrew, and IOSU isn't going to make it any "easier", except that you will be able to install your app to a channel, or you can use USB, that's it. Other than those two things, there is no reason for people to hold off on making homebrew right now. And since loading backups off of USB, is one of the few reasons to even need USB, unless your app HAS to use USB, which would be very few specific use apps, you can still make homebrew just fine. Heck, even real developers can't access the USB, and they create games just fine.

And if the reason is that someone can't be arsed to load the exploit on each boot, and ONLY ONCE each boot, they are one lazy fuck.

Last edited by brienj,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And only dirty pirates need 3DS CFW, everything can be done on the homebrew launcher, right? .-.

Well, just for the record, I'm a fucking dirty pirate, and I still wouldn't touch Wii U hacking atm if I had one due to how inconvenient it is.
Then why post on here? I love when people get on gbatemp and trash the homebrew scene and add comments like "I wouldn't touch the the wii u"

Nobody cares! We don't come here looking for reasons not to engage.

Adding you to the long list of ignored users with absolutely nothing relevant to contribute

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Then why post on here? I love when people get on gbatemp and trash the homebrew scene and add comments like "I wouldn't touch the the wii u"

Nobody cares! We don't come here looking for reasons not to engage.

Adding you to the long list of ignored users with absolutely nothing relevant to contribute
I'm directing that at him/her, because apparently only dirty pirates want IOSU >.>

D

Deleted User

If I could just weigh in here, I'm with @brienj on this one.
IOSU is not necessary to create awesome homebrew.

With our current kernel access, we inject homebrew into Mii Maker's userland. With this, we have access to almost everything that a nomal app has access to, so, to quote @smealum, "we can make some kick-ass homebrew." We get access to graphics, sound, input detection and the SD Card, which very few apps actually have the privilege to.

The only benefit that IOSU will give us (emulation-wise) is USB loading and file system access. We could also launch it from the Wii U Menu, but that's besides the point. IOSU's cryptography services, GamePad tools, network tools, OpenSSL and debugging are either completely pointless or can still be implemented with kernel and/or userland permissions.

Reactions: vgmoose and brienj

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Again, it's a sarcastic comment towards @brienj, who said only pirates want IOSU
And my comment was being sarcastic in the first place, but honestly, IOSU is not needed for homebrew development at all. I've been developing things just fine without it. Anyone that doesn't want to create homebrew for the Wii U, because it doesn't have IOSU access, are just making excuses or lazy.

If I could just weigh in here, I'm with @brienj on this one.
IOSU is not necessary to create awesome homebrew.

With our current kernel access, we inject homebrew into Mii Maker's userland. With this, we have access to almost everything that a nomal app has access to, so, to quote @smealum, "we can make some kick-ass homebrew." We get access to graphics, sound, input detection and the SD Card, which very few apps actually have the privilege to.

The only benefit that IOSU will give us (emulation-wise) is USB loading and file system access. We could also launch it from the Wii U Menu, but that's besides the point. IOSU's cryptography services, GamePad tools, network tools, OpenSSL and debugging are either completely pointless or can still be implemented with kernel and/or userland permissions.
Exactly.

BTW everybody, a GX2 version of the CHIP-8 emulator, complete with buzzer sound implemented, is seriously just around the corner, no (TM) required.

Here is the config menu so far -
IMG_20160721_171434_resized.jpg

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: Deleted User

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if the reason is that someone can't be arsed to load the exploit on each boot, and ONLY ONCE each boot, they are one lazy fuck.

Does that mean emulators are for lazy fucks that can't be arsed to purchase and hook up all the old systems and purchase and maintain libraries of all the games they want to play for those systems?

Personally, I don't like the load exploit on boot because it relies on keeping the system's network connection active, even if you self host the exploit. Yeah, I have Tubehax and URL blocking in my router, but it'd still much rather be able to shut down the connection and be 100% safe instead of 99.999~% safe. Also, sometimes it takes more than ONLY ONCE each boot to get it to take. It's great to have, but it would be even greater to have something better that you only have to run once ever, not once per boot (if it takes).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a dirty "pirate", but there's more benefit to having things blown completely open than just USB loading. Not that that isn't a good reason itself. All not having it does is prop up sales of SD cards by dirty Wii U exploiters.

Nothing I've said is meant to demean the work anyone's done on any exploit/homebrew/etc. so far. Nothing would be happening at all without a lot of hard work from many people, and it's all appreciated.

Reactions: FrozenDragon150

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean emulators are for lazy fucks that can't be arsed to purchase and hook up all the old systems and purchase and maintain libraries of all the games they want to play for those systems?

Personally, I don't like the load exploit on boot because it relies on keeping the system's network connection active, even if you self host the exploit. Yeah, I have Tubehax and URL blocking in my router, but it'd still much rather be able to shut down the connection and be 100% safe instead of 99.999~% safe. Also, sometimes it takes more than ONLY ONCE each boot to get it to take. It's great to have, but it would be even greater to have something better that you only have to run once ever, not once per boot (if it takes).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a dirty "pirate", but there's more benefit to having things blown completely open than just USB loading. Not that that isn't a good reason itself. All not having it does is prop up sales of SD cards by dirty Wii U exploiters.

Nothing I've said is meant to demean the work anyone's done on any exploit/homebrew/etc. so far. Nothing would be happening at all without a lot of hard work from many people, and it's all appreciated.
But for developing on the Wii U, all IOSU would give you, is access to the USB. That's on the development side, not the user side, and this is what I am pointing out. Those that don't want to develop, just because they can't use the USB or they can't install their app permanently, are missing out on a lot. Right now, we can develop programs as powerful as any game made for the system already, and actually more powerful, because we have access to more things than the average app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: