Is the Twilight series Overrated And OverHyped?

Is Twilight Overrated And OverHyped?

• Yeah it sucks my dogs ballz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah it deserves it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hop2089 said:
Ame16787 said:
im' happy to see that 88% percent of you are not getting brainwashed by this touchy crap (if your girlfriend forces you to watch it you should at least ask "something" back
evil.gif
).....

My best friend and aunt wanted me to see New Moon but I got out of it both times by citing Homework and New Video Games as an excuse. I don't want to be caught dead, alive, or otherwise watching New Moon, it's the epitome of fail in cinema even worse than Driven.

i always liked vampires as mithycal creatures!!!!! i just hate seeing a bunch of retards transforming vampires in anorexic highschool fags who have nothing what so ever related to a vampire apart form the teeth!!! it's just to much!!!!!! i bet that Nosferatu is revolting into his own grave as we speak!!!!!!

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimsoniteX said:
Yes it is. Luckily, it is a great tool for us. Allow me to explain:

If I guy likes Twilight, he is gay. Straight up. I'm not talking about the "ghey" gay, I'm talking about the "I love giant penis in and around my orifice" gay.

If a girl likes twilight, its the only warning sign you need to steer clear of her. She is either overly insecure with an unrealistic and hopeless idea of what love is, or she is an attention whore and is just jumping on whats popular in an effort to seem "cool" (obviously she is mildly retarded as well, thinking Twilight is cool to begin with).

Thank you, I completely agree. I read half of the book and decided that the stalking was enough. Any normal chick would have called the cops on his ass. I do think that the guy they chose for Jacob in the movie is kinda hot though with his shirt off...only plus side to the series
tongue.gif
. This woman totally ruined vampires for me...thanks lady...

Lotos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't judge it, as I haven't read any of the books or have seen any of the movies. I'll just ignorantly say it's over-hyped as I don't want to sit through one of movies with the ugly actors or be assed to read a Twilight book if I haven't even opened a book that I have been meaning to read.

jakey103

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hate it. Recycled crap storyline with added cheesiness and random love scenes that dont even make sense. Lame special effects, bad atmosphere, and generally aimed at teenage girls. But whats even worse is how much people go on about it. I can proudly say, "I hate twilight!"

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It still amazes me how people who hate it rant on and on about how much they hate it, all it does is advertise it essentially, and thats what they want, if people talk about it, good or bad, there getting what they want?

like i said earlier in this thread, i like twilight, you have to read the books, ALL of them to appriciate them sadly.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
It still amazes me how people who hate it rant on and on about how much they hate it, all it does is advertise it essentially, and thats what they want, if people talk about it, good or bad, there getting what they want?

like i said earlier in this thread, i like twilight, you have to read the books, ALL of them to appriciate them sadly.

Well, I disagree. I've read all 4 books; and find them quite shitty. The style they're written in is done poorly, the story is just horrible, vampires don't sparkle, they're all emo, and Bella is just a dunce. Face it, it's a poor book series that's overrated.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thats mearly someone elses opinion, While i agree some parts are poorly written, its still a good book, And how do you know vampires dont sparkle and there not emo at all O_O Bella is abit of a dunce, thats her character though, Unless you have meet a vampire in real life, then how can you tell me what one is SUPPOSED to be like? im not saying they have to sparkle, its just someone elses opinion of a vampire, and a book or movie or anything shouldnt be marked down on there interpretation of a vampire

D

Deleted_171835

outgum said:
Thats mearly someone elses opinion, While i agree some parts are poorly written, its still a good book, And how do you know vampires dont sparkle and there not emo at all O_O Bella is abit of a dunce, thats her character though, Unless you have meet a vampire in real life, then how can you tell me what one is SUPPOSED to be like? im not saying they have to sparkle, its just someone elses opinion of a vampire, and a book or movie or anything shouldnt be marked down on there interpretation of a vampire
*merely
tongue.gif

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that the Blade vampires are truly what vampires are supposed to be like....

Blade kicks ass. :|

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Blade does kickass he doesn't exactly respect vampire rules, but there's a reason he doesn't, teh same reason for Blackulas. Vampires were never black

However, you can't just turn around and say "Vampires never sparkled, we wanted to sparkle!" This isn't some fantasy Naruto bullshit, this is real life son! Vampires don't sparkle!

Oh and for people (inevitably it comes up) saying that people have freedom of speech, etc. That's fine and all, but there's a big difference between freedom of speech (being able to talk to someone on a low level) and freedom of mass production (being able to brainwash thousands into thinking vampires are glittery faggots).

This just means that I need to spread Tolkien around the net more though, so that people in 2,000 years don't think vampires are made of glitter that comes to life and only bite girls who are 'rawr naughty'.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not irony, that's not irony at all. Stop misusing that word.

It's sarcasm if anything. (Clearly since we're talking about fantasy here mang)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pyrofyr said:
That's not irony, that's not irony at all.
"This is real life, and in real life, vampires don't sparkle." You can't tell me you did that on purpose. I mean, you can say you did it on purpose, but I won't believe you.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't believe me.

What that book did was add fantasy to fantasy. Now we have 3 layers:

Real Life - Vampires don't exist, don't be silly!

Fantasy - Traditional vampires (People offset vampires throughout the age but they keep the spirit of the vampire to some extent)

Building on Fantasy - Keep nothing but the bare NEED TO HAVE, and then make it counter to it's source and sparkle like a faggot and be cool with everyday teenager drama instead of just biting the girl, sucking her blood, and leaving her to die.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, seeing how the really traditional vampires are mindless, bloated, purple walking corpses with no fangs, every other interpretation is just building on the fantasy, and you get to pick and choose the description you like most.

But here's some food for thought. Bram Stoker's Dracula could walk around in daylight.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I'm sure that the fans at the time criticized him greatly, and the vampire stereotype was not changed. Vampires still don't walk around in sunlight.

The funny thing is that there are several animes that stay closer to the vampire reality than Twilight, and Japanese fuck everything over, like MapleStory anime having Black Elves.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pyrofyr said:
And I'm sure that the fans at the time criticized him greatly, and the vampire stereotype was not changed. Vampires still don't walk around in sunlight.
*sigh*
The fans loved the book, but you're right about it not changing the vampire stereotype. Vampire legends and "lore" of that time had vampires walking around in the sun. The notion of sunlight killing vampires is relatively new.

QUOTE(Pyrofyr @ Dec 14 2009, 04:19 PM) vampire reality
There you go again
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi: