Is the Twilight series Overrated And OverHyped?

Is Twilight Overrated And OverHyped?

• Yeah it sucks my dogs ballz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah it deserves it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The main issue here is that gamers probably wouldn't be interested in romance novels. I tried reading the book but stopped halfway because it was just too boring for me.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
12642_1115164254309_1683056022_240857_2254323_n.jpg

looks like Edward doesnt have to be gay alone..
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
^ thats... really gay.
LOLWAT.gif

i read all 4 books. and.. more of a generic failvampire thing to me i guess.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...

Its not THAT bad. The books are pretty good but I feel like its not the most amazing piece of literature in the world. The movie isn't that great though. The movie is really bad because it just doesn't describe the book in one whole and its started the whole Team Edward and Team Jacob shit. A lot of the time people just want to watch it for the male actors and the incredibly weird vampire and human relationship. What makes fans even crazier for New Moon is the vampire/werewolf/human nonsexual threesome.

I think that a lot of "haters" as they say are not hating on the series itself that much but the over-exaggerating fangirls instead.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just watched Twilight in cinema couple of days ago, and I've never read the book..

Movie that has vampires, who walk at the daylight, but glitter, and vampire who is 109 years old goes to High School, and movie with vampires without one single fang (except from that awfully designed werewolfs) is a terrible terrible movie that ruins the vision of a vampire.....OK, if they made it with some "creatures" but please, why the hell do they need to be vampires?!
Vampire that glitter on daylight?!?!?!?!

I mean, movie is not all that boring, but stupid as hell! I had some fun watching it, but really, I don't see the appeal!

Paulieo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
paulschembri.com.au
XP
Country
Australia
I don't really like Twilight either, but I don't see what's so unrealistic and hopeless about having a boyfriend that is polite and loves his girlfriend. If you can't do that then your pretty sad. The vampire part is pretty unrealistic, but other than that I don't see why it's so impossible to have a loving and polite partner.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Paulieo said:
I don't really like Twilight either, but I don't see what's so unrealistic and hopeless about having a boyfriend that is polite and loves his girlfriend. If you can't do that then your pretty sad. The vampire part is pretty unrealistic, but other than that I don't see why it's so impossible to have a loving and polite partner.

That's not the problem. The problem is that this book, and many other romance novels, give girls an unrealistic version of what love is. They grow up reading shit like this, and then they expect guys to act that way all the time, and get pissy when they don't.

In the real world, a relationship is an equal part investment. Ladies - want us to cuddle with you in public, hold the door for you while going into a restaurant, and buy you flowers just because we love you? Support us in everything we do, give us the time to ourselves that we need, and for gods sake go down on us once and a while.

Some people may not like to hear it, but it is the truth.

agony

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don;t like twilight but I really want to see the last book as a movie. An r-rated b grade movie. should be fun.

Toni Plutonij said:
I just watched Twilight in cinema couple of days ago, and I've never read the book..

Movie that has vampires, who walk at the daylight, but glitter, and vampire who is 109 years old goes to High School, and movie with vampires without one single fang (except from that awfully designed werewolfs) is a terrible terrible movie that ruins the vision of a vampire.....OK, if they made it with some "creatures" but please, why the hell do they need to be vampires?!
Vampire that glitter on daylight?!?!?!?!

I mean, movie is not all that boring, but stupid as hell! I had some fun watching it, but really, I don't see the appeal!

The book is worse than the movie. Ten times worse.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
im' happy to see that 88% percent of you are not getting brainwashed by this touchy crap (if your girlfriend forces you to watch it you should at least ask "something" back
evil.gif
).....

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ame16787 said:
im' happy to see that 88% percent of you are not getting brainwashed by this touchy crap (if your girlfriend forces you to watch it you should at least ask "something" back
evil.gif
).....

My best friend and aunt wanted me to see New Moon but I got out of it both times by citing Homework and New Video Games as an excuse. I don't want to be caught dead, alive, or otherwise watching New Moon, it's the epitome of fail in cinema even worse than Driven.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I watched it yesterday:

oh5shf.jpg

I bid you... velcome.

Dammit that goatee is crooked... it doesn't look that crooked in the mirror
unsure.gif
And gummi teeth don't work very well, they keep melting and sliding out and stuff.

Anyway. Back on topic. The film.

....it's not good.
unsure.gif

Overall, it's not an appallingly horrible movie, as "appalingly horrible" goes. It's a bog standard vampire/werewolf flick, the plot is bearable, there's tons of gratuitous fanservice (another staple of the genre; vampires always wear open shirts, and werewolves are always naked to the waist), all in all yet another vamp flick, it's just that whenever one of the main characters opens his/her mouth i want to vomit.

WTF
wacko.gif
Who wrote that? That... that crap? Now I see why everyone says the author has no writing talent whatsoever. Everything else can be masked in the adaptation process, but the dialogues were taken verbatim, and give me a faint glimpse, as the unnameable horror that is her prose squirms and its oozing tendrils of pure undiluted suck extend to engulf the world. Seriously, if the rest of the book is written like that... Gah
wacko.gif
my brain. Every sentence is awkward, forced, artificial, overly melodramatic, grates on your ears and leaves your brain bent at horrible unnatural angles. It's worse than Goth poetry.

That aside, we had a great time. We howled at the naked boys, waved "save Bambi, eat Bella" posters around, ate gummi teeth, rolled our eyes in unison, and all in all had fun. (It really helps if you take the film as an elaborate parody of the vampire genre.
happy.gif
)

Back to the main question. Is it overhyped? Yes. Definitely. Overrated? Seeing as how all the reviews, critiques, references and posts I've read say it's the worst piece of crap ever to be published and the general rating is '"negative infinity minus one" out of 10', I'd say, overrated it's not. For every squealing fangirl gluing more glitter to a poster of Edward, there's a sarcastic forum goer rolling his eyes and sharpening a stake. It kind of balances out.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters