Gaming Is the Switch a 2nd class console / only to play Nintendo exclusives?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 5,992
  • Replies 83
  • Likes 1

Do you use the Switch only to play Nintendo exclusives / have it as a second console?

• Yes.

Votes: 42 30.0%
  • No.

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • Don't have a Switch.

Votes: 38 27.1%

• Total voters

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless you want to play ports of old games and indie games then yes, doesnt seem to be much interest at all in third parties
expect alot of "Coming to PS4, XB1, and PC" this E3

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pokken was on the WiiU as well, didn't you play it back then?
I sure didn't. I don't think I even knew Wii U existed when Pokken came out. Nor did I know Pokken had anything to do with Pokemon initially. That was Nintendo's great Wii U marketing for you.

You're just making excuses to bash third party companies.
I'm not making excuses, I'm just straight bashing them for poor quality. Most third-party AAA devs have been better in the past.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow. People complaining about the power. I didn't know there were such stupid people out there. Apparently these people have invented 5-nm chips and want them on the next Nintendo console. Or perhaps they'd like a new portable radiator. Or perhaps a Nintendo-made underpowered PC ripoff. That's so ridiculous. I'd hate have such a dis-functional brain.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 2nd/3rd rate console for the occasional 1st party title once or twice a year is what the PS4 will be after Scorpio comes out and always was for Windows 10 gamers and nobody ever saw a problem with that. At least Nintendo comes up with mostly good stuff on the 1st party side and no toxic waste such as Knack, Driveclub or Drawn to Death.

Switch and PC is a good combo as well, but like I said, it's hard to justify the cost of a good PC for most people. Plus you will miss out on Sony's exclusives. Clearly you don't like Sony exclusives. A lot of people, including me, love both Sony and Nintendo exclusives, though.

Scorpio hasn't been released. We don't know what's going to happen. If the price is good it could do really well, but if it's too much it would probably be better to just go all the way and get a good PC.

I didn't think the setback for the original Xbox One was power. It was price and games. Early on the price gap really gave Sony the edge and the DRM/"always online" stigma didn't help either. Right now, Sony's doing great with games, even if you personally don't like them.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, idk.
I have always had multi systems because somethings are only one one or better in something overall.

For me my ps4 is my main system. I like the OS/GUI, games look nice, online etc.. it has all i need.
I have an Xone only for xone only games (which are mainly gears of war, a small amount of halo and those game that go really cheap on xbox vs other systems)
My switch is so i can play my nintendo games. But i also have multi platform games on it also.
I never would of gotten and play Isaac or i am setsuna but since there released on the switch and i can take it with me i get to play them.
So to me its just another system.
I dont see it as an only this or that system. I see it as choices.
And i believe the switch will get more multi platform games in the future.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I'm not making excuses, I'm just straight bashing them for poor quality. Most third-party AAA devs have been better in the past.
Those are just some, not all. EA, Activision and Ubisoft are to be blamed for shitty, rushed games which could have been great if they allowed the developers to have more time.

ah, idk.
I have always had multi systems because somethings are only one one or better in something overall.

For me my ps4 is my main system. I like the OS/GUI, games look nice, online etc.. it has all i need.
I have an Xone only for xone only games (which are mainly gears of war, a small amount of halo and those game that go really cheap on xbox vs other systems)
My switch is so i can play my nintendo games. But i also have multi platform games on it also.
I never would of gotten and play Isaac or i am setsuna but since there released on the switch and i can take it with me i get to play them.
So to me its just another system.
I dont see it as an only this or that system. I see it as choices.
And i believe the switch will get more multi platform games in the future.

PS4 + Switch is certainly the best gaming combo.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I usually get consoles as their period is winding down and games get cheap. Thus far I have not felt compelled to get a 3ds or Wii U. At present I could maybe see myself getting a switch as it winds down, right now there seems like very little chance of getting one before then other than finding one going cheap or in need of repairs I can do.
I doubt I will miss out on much by not having a switch while it is still getting new games.

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch is collecting dust.

When the console came out I got it along with Zelda and oh man, I was playing it for like 5-6 hours straight daily. Gaming bliss right there!!

Once Mario Kart 8D came out I bought it, played it for around a week and then beat everything on normal mode.

Now since then it's been sitting and collecting dust. There is nothing that really stands out worth getting on the Switch for retail price. It's been about 4 months now and the game line up is pretty pathetic. Literally the only game I was looking forward to was Sonicmania, but it looks like that's been delayed. Good news that Skyrim is coming out, I'll probably pick that up. Ugh, they need more games.

My PS4 is killing it right now. Play Persona 5, it is incredible!!

Pajar0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
What I see here is Nintendo is following Steam path, i.e. a lot of crappy indie game releases, as that costs them nothing and they get some free money. The problem of this approach is that in Steam on top of the crappy indie games you also have AAA games, while the switch is relying on WiiU reworks.
Also no one buys a pc to play those games, ppl already has the pc and they just throw a couple of bucks to get some of those games when they are bored. But it would be plan mental to buy a Switch to play any of those games.

IMO Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot, they are just trying to reduce costs to improve their profit (merging DS and WiiU production lines into Switch, not releasing real games, etc.). So, it may end up being a console with a lot of shitty games, ports from old Ninty games and a few of 3rd party AAA games.

As much as I am a fan of Nintendo, I am not wasting my money on a Switch at this point. Sorry.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo Switch keeps on getting pushed aside so for anyone keeping the Switch as their main gaming system (like myself) will be missing out on tons of games released and to be released. Just for example, that new Dragon Ball 2D fighting game won't be coming to the Switch and nor did Tekken 7, or other third party games.

The Switch keeps the route that the WiiU was on, pretty much... imo.

Now I am not sure if we should buy Nintendo Switch in the fall. We will wait a little longer after E3 to see if more 3rd party are supporting it. Oh well.

By the way, Dragon ball Z Xenoverse 2 is on the way for switch (I don't care about that).

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ever since Fire Emblem: Echoes came out, I switched back to my 3DS as portable device. Much more variety than just that one game I played so much already the past few months. Haven't even bothered picking up the Street Fighter thing yet. Mario Kart is fun for some local multiplayer though.

The recent aggressive IP-protection that outs itself in taking down ROMs from websites makes me hopeful though that the Switch VC launch is nearby. Hopefully it includes some N64 and NGC... one can dream, right.

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if nintendo would up their asses and start signing contracts with the big companies like activision and ea, so we could get battlefront or call of duty ? Come on nintendo! if that doesnt happen then fuk you for making a poor console!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if nintendo would up their asses and start signing contracts with the big companies like activision and ea, so we could get battlefront or call of duty ? Come on nintendo! if that doesnt happen then fuk you for making a poor console!
They've already got FIFA 18 from EA, so we know they're trying to work with them. Judging by the Wii U, third parties will port games they know will sell badly, then say "told you so" when it sells badly and not publish anything else

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a sincere fan of Nintendo games, I have to say, that Nintendo hardware will always be garbage, as long as Nintendo assumes they will never lose their nostalgia-fueled fanbase. Nintendo games need to be on PC, XB, and PS. No one should settle for playing a game they like, on limited and outdated hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?