Hacking Is the supercard dstwo safe on a DSI XL?

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read a lot of topic online about bricking and screens breaking.

All I want to do with the card is play SNES GBA and DS games on the DSI XL.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I read a lot of topic online about bricking and screens breaking.
That would be extremely unlikely, unless you got your hands on a defective card (the N5, an early R4 clone, had such a reputation of being "likely" to blow fuses - of course, a significantly larger amount of working cards existed for any defective one: the N5 just happened to be more problematic than others)

Reactions: Master110

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ONE OTHER QUESTION i HAVE , Do I really need to upgrade the card if I already own a RSI v1.4.5?
It's generally always a good idea to run the latest kernel, for software compatibility improvements.

If it already runs on your console, there will likely no direct benefit to updating the firmware (which gives compatibility with consoles and their operating systems) but it's not like you have to update it weekly or monthly

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's generally always a good idea to run the latest kernel, for software compatibility improvements.

If it already runs on your console, there will likely no direct benefit to updating the firmware (which gives compatibility with consoles and their operating systems) but it's not like you have to update it weekly or monthly

1.4.5 is the last FW for the DSI. My DSI XL is only 1.4.4. What I mite just do is get a rsi 1.4.5 . Just incase I need to buy a new DSI and its a risk what FW you get. ( had many different from EBAY)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1.4.5 is the last FW for the DSI. My DSI XL is only 1.4.4. What I mite just do is get a rsi 1.4.5 . Just incase I need to buy a new DSI and its a risk what FW you get. ( had many different from EBAY)
Update the firmware of your DSTWO, then it will be guaranteed to work on DSi 1.4.5 too

gemliu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DSTWO is perfectly fine with DSi XL. It's pretty expensive though. But if you want to play GBA on your DSi, it's the only real option.

Cheers,
Gemliu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs