Is the save wizard worth the price is asking? (OPINIONS ONLY)

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Sep 22, 2017.

?

Are you satisfied with the save wizard and the price?

1. YES

11.1%
  2. NO

88.9%
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    This is only for people who own it already. I consider getting it myself. Seeing how it was brought to us by the people behind the Game genie ps3 save editor which I own, but is half the price. I can get away with some games mostly cause the cross save feature for example, metal gear solid on ps3 and psvita, or final fantasy X HD remaster on all 3 ps3 ps4 and vita. But there some exclusive games on ps4 that just can't work around. So What is your opinion? I know you all would be willing to spend as less money as possible but that for another time.

According to the website, save wizard is a ps4 save editor utility for the PC. By copying your save data from the ps4 with a usb storage device, you can load it on your pc with the program to edit data to your liking. Max ammo, max HP, have_____ number of items XX Like we would with game past cheat devices. Because it is a save data editor and not a cheat device such as gameshark, or action replay used in the console, this does not allow in game cheating on the fly which i think most would prefer. So it is what it is, a save editor. It cost $59.99 the same price as retail games, and the one time payment gets you a license key to activate up to 3 pc with the program. Free updates for life will roll out over time including new cheats for new games and existing one and possibility to maintain on newer firmwares.

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  2. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    personally, i wouldnt use it even if it was free..

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Please explain a bit more.

4. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    well i read that you mean this for only those that own that save wizard.

and i do not own it, and wouldnt even want to own it.

people use it to max stuff in some of the games that they play right ?
    to me personally there is nothing fun about that, and it only kills the joy in the games.

just grind your levels/money.

5. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Well, it's just your own opinion of playing.
    Many people don't have the time to grind many hours to level up,also some people like myself just love to edit the save for fun.

Cheating is only wrong in online games.

Last edited by aos10, Oct 14, 2017
    8BitWonder and Phantom90 like this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You also forgot to mention that there is more to save editing than just using it for cheating. It also discoveries for stuff that was low key blocked by devs but too lazy to just remove. Inaccessible content that can be found, and so on. In the end, we play the game however we feel like it and entitled to each their own opinions. As long as no one does it online and makes it unfair for others, it shouldn't be a problem.

Skeet1983 likes this.
  7. _______

_______ GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    It depends if there's any game in their support list interested you.

Their customer support/social media admin, however, is super defensive (more like an a-hole) on any negative comments.

8. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    Instagram haxxors turned capitalists confirmed.

Cheating is lame for so many reasons but I'll let yall cripples cook.

9. _______

_______ GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    I won't consider it as cheating as they purposely disable features that can affect the online play. Its strictly for single player mode cheats.

Still that doesn't change the fact that their social media managers were a-holes.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  10. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    I only intended to use it to lower FF9 Play Time for Excal 2, not worth $60 to me. I know I don't own it, but I can tell you I probably just won't bother. If a friend gets it I will simply ask them to mod my save.

11. greenkoala

greenkoala Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2013
    United States
    I agree with all the cheating comments.
    Also this means now trophies for PS4 single player are obsolete I guess? Since you can just edit it to have N-1 number of items for a trophy, then load save, grab the "last one" and so on.

I understand the part about having fun by editing stuff and making games wacky, but I would only try that on an emulator, asides from that too cumbersome.

Also it is a software? Software made to circumvent what could be considered illegal (doubt editing save games is not mentioned on the EULA)? If I would ever use such software I'd pirate it. It would be like paying for one of those PS3 key things before the regular jailbreak came out.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  12. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I have purchased the PS4 Save Wizard and I like it so far. I am concerned though about System Firmware 5.0. On their site, it is not supported yet and they advise not to update. I am currently on Firmware 4.74 and recently pre-purchased physical version of GT Sport. I am afraid that game, and new/upcoming games will require me to update System Firmware, and am wanting to stay below 5.0 as long as I can... :(