Hardware Is the new 3ds worth it?

Cjmcgiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right now I have a o3ds that I have had since right after the original price drop from $250. It has served me well but I was looking at upgrading to the new 3ds XL but everyone I know says it's a waste of money as I already have a 3ds. It does not seem like a waste to me but though I should ask the members of GBAtemp, so, is a new 3ds XL worth it?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Right now I have a o3ds that I have had since right after the original price drop from $250. It has served me well but I was looking at upgrading to the new 3ds XL but everyone I know says it's a waste of money as I already have a 3ds. It does not seem like a waste to me but though I should ask the members of GBAtemp, so, is a new 3ds XL worth it?
naw don't, if anything get a smaller n3ds.

Cjmcgiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's a pretty fucking great deal, go for it.
That's exactly what I said! :)
This one is used but someone else on kijiji (Canadian Craigslist) was selling a BNIB red 3ds XL for the same price. Sadly they would not respond to me. The used one is the MH4U edition though.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
That's exactly what I said! :)
This one is used but someone else on kijiji (Canadian Craigslist) was selling a BNIB red 3ds XL for the same price. Sadly they would not respond to me. The used one is the MH4U edition though.
oh my god it's the fucking gorgeous one too... snap that up immediately.

Reactions: Cjmcgiv

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would say yes just because of the improved 3D, I can finally play in a relaxed position or even laying down and not have to hold my arms in exactly the right position while I play.
The C-nub is a nice addition but not many games use it. ZL/ZR I find to be mostly useless since no games need them.
Also, if you actually use Amiibos it has that support built in as well which is nice.
And the faster CPU comes in handy when using CFW, as it can be enabled for every game and improves FPS noticeably in many of them.

Cjmcgiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say yes just because of the improved 3D, I can finally play in a relaxed position or even laying down and not have to hold my arms in exactly the right position while I play.
The C-nub is a nice addition but not many games use it. ZL/ZR I find to be mostly useless since no games need them.
Also, if you actually use Amiibos it has that support built in as well which is nice.
And the faster CPU comes in handy when using CFW, as it can be enabled for every game and improves FPS noticeably in many of them.
The improved CPU was my reason too, plus I want to play Xenoblade and earthbound. Plus I have CFW on every 3ds I've ever touched so that's a pro too. Thanks for the advice. If all goes well and the seller accepts my offer then it should be in my hands by Wednesday. Thanks guys!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anything using the new3DS hardware is worth upgrading to. After using the new3DS for nearly a year now, I can't even deal with the old3DS. I never noticed how painfully slow the old3DS was until getting a new3DS.
So I say if you can get any system with new3DS hardware (new3DS, N3DS XL, or 2DSXL,) go for it!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

If you are going to instalk cfw then yes as it will help with a fair bit of homebrew as well as being able to force n3ds cpu speed even on older games

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
In the audio region, you are gonna get the best of the best, specially in the n3ds. I was surprised on how painfully bad the audio in the new n2dsxl is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.