Hardware Is the AMD HD 7790 2 GB discontinued?

MinecraftJr948

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title says it all, I can't find a single store online that sells it. Newegg used to, but it disappeared, repleaced by another 1 gig. Anyone seen somewhere that sells the 2 gig versions?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably. With R7 and R9 series on the market, most retailers are focusing on clearing any remaining HD7xxx series stocks.

On top of my head R7 260X performs about the same as HD7790.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2GB cards are kinda pointless unless you want the card for graphics design, games usually just uses 512MB, the clock speed is the most important spec.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2GB cards are kinda pointless unless you want the card for graphics design, games usually just uses 512MB, the clock speed is the most important spec.
VRAM usage depends on the resolution and AA. Higher resolution and/or higher AA will consume more VRAM.

These days 1 GB is minimum and 2 GB or above is recommended. Professional or workstation user can use 4 GB or more in their projects.

MinecraftJr948

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the r7 260 installed now, but Windows doesn't detect that it's there. When I try to connect to the monitor via the card, it won't show up on the screen (I'm using a VGA converter thingy that came with the package).

Edit: I get SSL errors on some pages

MinecraftJr948

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying it out now.

Edit: Better, but worse. The graphics card is still not detected, I still have SSL errors, and my ESET NOD 32 says that my trial ends in 1900+ days.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have more than one PCI slot on your mobo that you can try? What about a different monitor and/or display cable? Can you try to not use the VGA adapter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.