Hardware Is silicon case bad for hinges?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i apologize for my bad explanation because my poor english...

so, i have a 3dsxl, and i purchased a silicon case for protect the console while i play and/or a friend\family is not careful with the console

after applying the case i noticed its a bit fat, and takes a bit of space between the screens, i noticed it doesn't close all the way down and the hinge is not in the "secure" section when i open it i notice the hinge is in that part of "not entirely closed"

is this bad for the hinge? does it make loose more quickly? when i close the 3ds i get afraid of the hinge doesn't stay in place anymore after some time with the case...

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hello B4rtj4h thank you for the answer, yes it's that case

i am a bit afraid because i get worried about the hinges stop having the strenght they have for keep the console closed, i am thinking in buying a second case and mod it (cut the inside part and glue the case) i don't like the buttons inside of it and the inside part is unnecessary, i just want to protect the console outside from bumping against the table for example or from scratchs in the outside while on the table and my family puts stuff next or above it when its charging...

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ouch.. that is not good for your 3DS! The problem you where afraid of occurs with the normal 3DS. My launch 3DS has such loose hinges it's like automatic :P.
Why not buy a small protective case for storing / traveling? They only cost a few dollars but can save you a lot of trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat