Gaming Is Rayman Legends good on Wii U?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll admit it, back in 2012, I was one of the people who pre-ordered the game on wii u to play. From my knowledge, it was wii u exclusive, slated for feburary 2013 release. Even had the time trials demo thing on eshop. But when i was notified the game was delayed to september, it was a bit upset. Actually when I went to pick up another game i honestly forgot I had this pre-ordered. While I did play it on release, i stopped very quickly, i usually don't do that with my games, I play for about a week before stopping.

Question is did anyone else buy this game and do you like it on wii u? Honestly I had the idea the wii u would be something special considering at the time the Idea of TV and gamepad was all the rage and the big deal reason to play games on it. But there was this one segment when you had the frog guy walking like a auto scroller and you had to use the touch screen to control the fly to navigate him safely to the goal, like it was a game of lemmings. :unsure:

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ehhhhh that game has its issues on the Wii U. Not performancewise but gameplaywise. Examples would be the murphy levels, they don't simply ask you if you want to play as murphy in the levels, they take control from you and make you play the level as Murphy, it would be so bad if the A.I wasn't brain dead and actually fights you when you're trying to go for a 100% on the later levels. This wouldn't be such a big issue when you're playing the game with a friend or a sibling, heck that's how i managed to get 100% on that version of the game i just played the murphy levels with my brother but when you are all alone i would like if there was at least the option to play without being forced to play as Murphy. you must be thinking "All those features are hardcoded into the game right?" Well not really, you see the PS3/4, Xbox 360/One and the PC version have a pretty good solution for the lack of a gamepad for Murphy, when you get to a level where Murphy appears the game the game allows you to continue to play the level as Rayman but all the Murphy actions are mapped to the Triangle button on Play Station or Y button on Xbox and pc and that addition alone makes the game 75% better that it was on the Wii U, at least single player.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehhhhh that game has its issues on the Wii U. Not performancewise but gameplaywise. Examples would be the murphy levels, they don't simply ask you if you want to play as murphy in the levels, they take control from you and make you play the level as Murphy, it would be so bad if the A.I wasn't brain dead and actually fights you when you're trying to go for a 100% on the later levels. This wouldn't be such a big issue when you're playing the game with a friend or a sibling, heck that's how i managed to get 100% on that version of the game i just played the murphy levels with my brother but when you are all alone i would like if there was at least the option to play without being forced to play as Murphy. you must be thinking "All those features are hardcoded into the game right?" Well not really, you see the PS3/4, Xbox 360/One and the PC version have a pretty good solution for the lack of a gamepad for Murphy, when you get to a level where Murphy appears the game the game allows you to continue to play the level as Rayman but all the Murphy actions are mapped to the Triangle button on Play Station or Y button on Xbox and pc and that addition alone makes the game 75% better that it was on the Wii U, at least single player.
Oh, so is not like that on any other console but the wii u, so does that alone make the game inferior on wii u? :unsure:

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, so is not like that on any other console but the wii u, so does that alone make the game inferior on wii u? :unsure:
When you're trying to play it single player, yeah the Wii U version is inferior for me. Multiplayer is quite the opposite, the game becomes quite fun, but not always have someone to play it with so i would liked it if it had the Murphy controls from the other version as an option.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)