Hardware is psp compatible with a 4gb memory stick pro duo?

bolton2

bolton2
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wasnt sure if it had any limits, im proably going to buy just the 2 gig, but all the 4 gigs i see are from 87-100 dollars and thats alot of space. now mind you im only going to be using it for movies and music, but i was just wondering if the psp could handle a 4gb memory stick

also can the newest firmware of psp play straight up avi files or do i actually have to convert the blasted avi files to mp4??

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a device from Datel where it was a bulky 4gb HDD. So yeah, I'm sure a 4GB stick will work. As for the AVI question, no. Still gotta be MP4

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4gb sticks work fine. I'm using one and i still have a 1.5 psp
Wow is that true? I was about to get a 2Gig because I was tolled only the new firmware
could handle the bigger size cards. But if 1.5 can handle 4Gig I have something to think about.
unsure.gif

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty sure I heard the psp can support up to 8G memory sticks.
I use a 4G sandisk.
I just bought and received this photo chute device (It is for tranferring photos from a digital camera, but it works for the psp), and it works great. It has a 20G hard drive, and the psp can hook to it like it was a computer, to delete and copy stuff to the psp. I heard that this product was discontinued, at least the one with the LCD screen, which is needed if you want to navigate through folders and only copy a few select things, or delete a few select things. Link to product at tiger direct

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...5701&CatId=1028

V290-2048-main.jpg

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
4gb sticks work fine.  I'm using one and i still have a 1.5 psp

Wow is that true? I was about to get a 2Gig because I was tolled only the new firmware
could handle the bigger size cards. But if 1.5 can handle 4Gig I have something to think about.
unsure.gif

Doesn't matter, because even if 1.5 can't handle a 4GB MSPD, it can still see part of it.

And most of us only use 1.5 to boot up Devhook, so we're home free!

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4gb sticks work fine. I'm using one and i still have a 1.5 psp

unsure.gif

Doesn't matter, because even if 1.5 can't handle a 4GB MSPD, it can still see part of it.

And most of us only use 1.5 to boot up Devhook, so we're home free!
True 1.5 for Devhook but also homebrew. So will 1.5 not see all of a 4GB SD?
I’m about to buy a 2 or 4 GB card & this lack of info is now holding me back.

bolton2

bolton2
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure if your paying a lot for a 4gb memory stick that your getting an original one and not a fake.

indeed, it would be either a sandisk or a sony one, but after realizing that i can only watch movies in mp4 format, i may just stick with the 2gb as intend on buying my games and using the newest firmware. if i could run any emu on the newest firmware, id prolly get the 4 gig, but for just movies, music, and umd save files 2gb seems like enough. although for full dvd movies, the 4gig sounds nice... i suppose its still a battle :?

eitherway ty for all the help guys

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't worry about getting a PSP with the latest firmware for gods sake!!

PSP's are only awesome when you keep one at 1.5 firmware or update it to a custom firmware. All the others are a pain for homebrew and some cannot even use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night