Hacking Is my Wiikey a clone?

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I just got my Wii back from having a Wiikey installed. I have burned the bootdisc.pal.iso (downloaded from the official Wiikey site) onto a EMTEC DVD+RW dvd. When I insert it in the Wii, it displays as a GC disc but when I enter it, it says "Error occoured, please eject the disc..." ect ect.

I've tried to re-write the iso at 1x and it says the same. Is this normal? What should I do?

Ricoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rzdesign.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably a real WiiKey, but i'm guessing it's installed after u updated ur Wii to 3.0. I had the same problem, but got it solved thanks to this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2j3yjks3xz2

1. Download BOOT Disc: http://www.mediafire.com/?2j3yjks3xz2
2. Also download the Config Disc 1.2 for WiiKey: http://www.wiikey.cn/dl/config.1.2.rar
3. Burn these Discs on a DVD-R/+R with 4x speed and start the BOOT Disc in your Wii, it will recognise as a GC Disc.
4. Once started, pick for the following option -> Boot DVD.
5. When asked eject the disc, and insert the official 1.2 Config Disc.
6. Pick the file: xxxxx.DOL
7. The disc will start, and you can configurate your WiiKey! Put Region Over... on Yes
8. Save settings, and done!

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a bunch, man.
smile.gif
I got the Wiikey setup complete.

However, it cannot detect my Metroid Prime 3 Corruption disc. It says disc cannot be read. I downloaded the Metroid_Prime_3_Corruption_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT file, opened the folder and extracted the p-mp3c.iso file (after opening the p-mp3c.rar file from within the original folder).

Any idea why this has happened?
(EDIT: Suppose I should add that I don't mind the two duplicate channels)

DOUBLE EDIT: After using the preboot disc, I got to the Wiikey configuration as planned, and I switched region override to ON. I said save settings and then reset console. However, if I try to access the wiikey configuation again it says region override is on OFF. :S

Ricoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rzdesign.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks a bunch, man.
smile.gif
I got the Wiikey setup complete.

However, it cannot detect my Metroid Prime 3 Corruption disc. It says disc cannot be read. I downloaded the Metroid_Prime_3_Corruption_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT file, opened the folder and extracted the p-mp3c.iso file (after opening the p-mp3c.rar file from within the original folder).

Any idea why this has happened?
(EDIT: Suppose I should add that I don't mind the two duplicate channels)

DOUBLE EDIT: After using the preboot disc, I got to the Wiikey configuration as planned, and I switched region override to ON. I said save settings and then reset console. However, if I try to access the wiikey configuation again it says region override is on OFF. :S

Hm, that explains why you still can't play Metroid tho... are you using the right Region for the Config Disc?

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please, I would love some help if anyone knew...

If I try to run the BOOT disc (where I select "boot dvd") and then insert my MP3 disc, it then detects it as Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (it displays the title in text-only and gives me two options of whetever I want to start the NTSC or PAL version). No matter what I then select, it gives me a green screen and nothing more.

So I'm confident that I got Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on that disc. My Wii just doesn't regonise it.
frown.gif

And as I stated in my previous post "After using the boot disc, I got to the Wiikey configuration as planned, and I switched region override to ON. I said "Save Settings" and then "Reset console". However, if I try to access the wiikey configuation (using the same method) again it says region override is on OFF. :S"

EDIT: Ricoboy, yeah it's the PAL 1.2 config disc I'm using. It even says on the screen...

Ricoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rzdesign.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, i checked the web, and it seems when you choose for YES, it will be stored to your modchip, but when you insert the Config disc again, it will always show OFF, since it's a stealth chip, and it won't show that it's on, even when it is. So, it should be on now, but the disc just doesn't show it..

Try another game backup.

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, I currently only have Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It would probably take quite a few hours if not days if I was going to download another game, if that's what you mean?

EDIT: I don't know if it helps but in my Metroid_Prime_3_Corruption_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT folder, I have 91 p-mp3c.rXX (xx indicates from 00-91) and I also have a p-mp3c.rar file. When I extracted the ISO I opened the p-mp3c.rar file and extracted the iso from there. It took quite a while and the iso is 4.37GB. However, if I try to open the ISO it will give me a message saying "The achieve is either damaged or in unknown format". Is this normal? Have I done this correctly?

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I'll try that, mate.
smile.gif

But if I regionFrii it, won't it cause any troubles when I try to run it? Will I have to use the unplug trick then?

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sidneyyoung, I'm already using imgburn, thanks =) Didn't turn off verify though (untill you said so now). I thought it might have been important.

Ricoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rzdesign.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Indeed, and btw, keep me up-2-date, I'm almost sure it will work, since I had the same problems, and also had to use the NTSC > PAL changer before it worked.

*verify is indeed a tool just to check if the burn was ok, but 100% of all burns are ok anyways, so it's a waste of time
smile.gif

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I have to use the unplug trick, I'll need another copy that has been brickblocked?

(I'd actually prefer it if I could avoid the unplug trick and just have duplicate channels, but if it's the only way to play it, then it's OK)

Ricoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rzdesign.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Neh, just only use the DVD that has the iso on it with the region changed, don't use that unplug trick in my opinion. Just install that update like I did, and move the two channel out of your sight. And play the game!
smile.gif

Selxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be really awesome if it works just because I regionFriid the game into PAL =D

It's currently burning the ISO.
I suppose the fact that my DVDs are RWs don't do anything bad?

Ricoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rzdesign.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
So it's working now? Great! Hope some other people that have problems with Metroid Prime 3 and/or the WiiKey after 3.0 Install find this thread usefull! No problem mate, I had the same problems, and it took me hours to find this out...
smile.gif

Ricoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rzdesign.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh btw, short explanation why I told you to just Update ur Wii with the Metroid Prime 3 .iso... So far there are multiple ways of playing this game.

1. Change the region of the Metroid Prime 3 with RegionFrii and use the NTSC Update on the .iso (if you have a PAL Console u get double channels) but the game works.

2. Have two dvd's, one with only the region changed, and the other where u used BrickBlocker to remove the Update... Then first run the RegionFrii DVD, update loads, wait for 2-3 sec's, and unplug ur Wii, then reboot, and insert the Region changed DVD.

problem with the second one is... if you wait 1-2 sec's longer then told, u won't be able to get into ur Wii Configuration anymore, .. untill a new Wii Update arrives, .. problem with the first choice would be that you get double channels, but that's it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse