lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm wondering,since I'm planning on buying a PS3.

Mainly for playing games and PSN(I dunno if my internet can take much though).

BTW what are the best PS3 games that is worthwhile(games that you can repeat over and over,like mario kart).

If there are a lot of games like that then I probably won't need to jailbreak...

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you really have online gaming in mind, and PSN games, then no jailbreaking isn't worth it - in essence the only real thing you can do with a jailbreak is just piracy for now mostly; there is some homebrew here and there, nothing really interesting.

So its really up to you.

If your worried about your internet, don't so much. I play on PSN with 256kb/s cnxn, but i have good latency, just have to make sure that nobody else is using the internet whilst playing. It's more of an issue of latency than bandwidth with PSN.

Old PS3 gems dnt cost so much bought second hand, so you wont exactly find much trouble with purchases

Worthwhile game ? -

LBP 1 (soon coming 2)
Uncharted 1 and 2 - Soon coming 3
Modnation Racers (much like your mario kart, great fun ! - fucking updates though they are huge so becareful there)
Demon's Souls
Castle Crashers (PSN game - was out first on XBL, great fun RPG/hack slash)
Rathcet and Clank ( 3 games so far, one being DLC 2nd - great platformer from the days of the PS2, also 4th game in series (PS3) coming soon as well)
the usual FPS games, MW2, Black Ops, if that's your thing, also Killzone can be considered here)
Heavy Rain - you will come back to this game just to see what would happen if you choose to do something differently.

... must i go on
tongue.gif
... seriously i dunno why people say that PS3 has no games :/

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the responses guys
smile.gif

I know jailbreaking loses PSN access,but I'm thinking if getting games cheaper is better.

I guess I'll be getting a PS3 thats clean. Maybe I'll jailbreak it when it's a good time.

OH,and if anyone has some more game recommendations,please post
tongue.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the thread hijack.
laugh.gif

Im kinda getting a PS3 too.

Im kinda confused, if you jailbreak it, does it mean no PSN forever, or if you remove the jailbreak, you can access PSN and shit?

I was planning to get games that are worth playing online legally, then using the jailbreak for the other stuff.
laugh.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jan777, the PS3 logs everything you do,so once you jb,you lose PSN potential.

That's why I made this thread,to see if it's worth jailbreaking
tongue.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
lolzed said:

tongue.gif

Oh well, so much for the perfect plan.
laugh.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lolzed said:

tongue.gif
No, That's wrong.
Sony didn't ban anyone, piracy/homebrew log is currently not a problem. Maybe later, if we can access PSN with jailbreak, it could become a problem and they could start banning (until they find another PSN protection?).

To access PSN, you need Firmware 3.55
  • 2.70 -> 3.41 :
    Jailbreak and downgrade enabled, PSN disabled
  • 3.50 :
    downgrade enabled, jailbreak and PSN disabled
  • 3.55 :
    jailbreak and downgrade disabled, PSN enabled.
If you want to access PSN again, just update. your account is not blocked at all.
Though, you can't jailbreak anymore. It's like you repent yourself and update to pay for your games again, Sony allows that (for now) as it makes more profit than banning you forever.

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a pain in the butt to have to jailbreak and restart my system everytime I wanna use homebrew or a backup, but thats the price you pay for them

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
As the members above stated, if you want access to the PlayStation Network, don't jailbreak. It's too much of a hassle, and you won't be able to play online as of yet. I haven't heard any cases of Sony banning people for the jailbreak, but that's probably because you can't connect to the PSN once you jailbreak.

For good games with tons of replay value, I'd look into the LittleBigPlanet series, especially with LittleBigPlanet 2 (which is looking to be spectacular) on the horizon. I also personally recommend ModNation Racers. It's like a Mario Kart game that lets you build custom tracks with a very, very advanced and capable editing system. You can modify terrain, elevation, track size, build alternate routes and shortcuts, create your own obstacles, tracks and themes, and so much more. You also have the ability to customize your character and kart, both of which also boast amazing editing systems as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things