Hardware is it worth it to get a N3DXL if my hands are too big?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's an image of my hand

282005-my%20hand.jpg

also i heard it's more stable for online play is that true?

i got a gateway so yeah...

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I owned a O3DS, and it would really dig into my hands, and they would get cramped with prolonged play, The XL relieved me from all this, and I am very happy with that. Never heard about online difference.
I dont know about the small new 3ds, although it is about the same size as the old one it has slightly rounder edges at the bottom.

My opinion, go for it.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is that a regular sized door behind your hand? ...think you need to wait for the New New 3DS XXXXXXL... it will be about the size of the 4 player Mario Kart Arcade cabinet, and even that may be too small for those freakish fists of yours.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be fine. I have a little bit bigger hands than normal and have carpal tunnel problems but the n3ds feels pretty good. It is s benefit, I think, because you would be able to reach the second set of triggers better. The downside is your thumbs might get cramped using the dpad, circle pads and ABXY. I would go for it, though, because of the much better screen, more ram, faster CPU, etc.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is already a 10/10.

But for real get the xl, my hands aren't too large but I still got the xl. It was a big improvement over my last handheld, a ds lite.

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell how big is your hand is without something to compare it to.

I'm perfectly fine with either size when it comes to ergonomics, but I prefer the XL for the larger screen. The bigger screen helps with games like Smash Bros, mGBA (scaling on it is currently bad so it helps to have a less dense screen), and any games that has a lot of action going on at the same time.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have big hands and I find the XL way more comfortable anyway.
I suppose the standard sized one works well with small kids or perhaps with Japanese, that after all are normally smaller than westerns.

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab an in-store model and see how the size works for you. They're almost exactly the same size as the ODS XL. 3D is much better and the system operates faster.

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
If you could take a pic alongside a banana (which is a worldwide recognised unit of measurement) I can compare.
I've a N3DS XL and want to get a set of grips, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Probably just me being awkward but biggest issue I find is whatever way I hold it my pinkie is right beside the power button, and I have accidentally pressed it a couple times in-game.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, what 3DS model do you have now (if any)?
I have owned both a regular o3DS and a XL, and now a regular n3DS, XL definitely feels a little less cramped but the regular n3DS is much lighter, easier to hold with one hand and more portable, and the screen looks sharper because the pixels are smaller. I have no problems with playing on the regular n3DS even though my hands are big.

If you could take a pic alongside a banana (which is a worldwide recognised unit of measurement) I can compare.
I've a N3DS XL and want to get a set of grips, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Probably just me being awkward but biggest issue I find is whatever way I hold it my pinkie is right beside the power button, and I have accidentally pressed it a couple times in-game.
The small n3DS doesn't have that problem. The power button is really hard to press :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah that well known unit of measurement, i think every country should adopt the banana system, imagine how cool gps would be, "after 600 bananas turn right" :P
but yeah i have also hit the power button a few times with my pinkie, which is bloody annoying as it just immediately closes the game :hateit:, luckily i seem to have go used to it now so i don't but my finger anywhere near it

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
See, I had an original 3DS on firmware 4.5 but it fell and shattered because it wasn't stable enough. Luckily my next one had the latest update and had SO MUCH STABILITY! I dropped it and it caused an earthquake, but at least the system was fine.

But if we want to be serious here... The N3DS is a great deal. I upgraded to it from a small o3DS and I could never go back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?