Gaming Is it worth buy a gamecube if I already have a Wii that can play a GameCube?

otenko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gamecube isn't easily hacked as an old Wii or even the Wii U in Wii mode. Besides with Nintendont you can do crazy stuff, like wireless controllers and some tweaking on video options.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you can buy it as back up, but maybe not necessary, i mean it does have gameboy player, over the VBA emulator so you can play real carts if you want, unless you can convert the save data on them to emulators then, sure why not?

Personally, i don't think is necessary, but you know, always good to keep a back up just in case. Like going to friends house, or in case your wii goes dead, so you know, not bad. :D

Unless you have some action replay to load homebrew, is kinda just a game cube not much to do outside of what is supposed to.

Reactions: eriol33
D

Deleted User

Well if you just REALLY want that authentic experience sure get a GC. But wii would be you're better option. Different controller support. Cheat support. Nintendon't can do some good stuff.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My opinion? No.

Wii allows you to buy cheap component cables and allows you to play NTSC Gamecube games in beautiful 480p goodness. Gamecube on the other hand requires a really expensive Gamecube component cable to let you play in 480p.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get a GBPlayer and play legit GB/C/A carts on a TV, yes, absolutely get it. Otherwise, not unless you just want it for collection purposes or for some reason need one for a 2nd TV so someone can play GC games at the same time someone else is using the Wii.

Reactions: eriol33

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My opinion? No.

Wii allows you to buy cheap component cables and allows you to play NTSC Gamecube games in beautiful 480p goodness. Gamecube on the other hand requires a really expensive Gamecube component cable to let you play in 480p.
ah yeah, this what turn me off from buying a gamecube. apparently there is no third party component cable. :(

still, I love collecting consoles (I have an unused dreamcast and super nintendo), and these days I am so obsessed to own all nintendo consoles! since gamecube can also become a gameboy advance, I still think it's cool.

thank for your insights.

Last edited by eriol33,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s