Hacking Is it safe to upgrade my Gateway emuNAND to latest? (Read post)

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My 3DS won't let me play anything online anymore, giving me an error 002-0119 and telling me that a system update is required. So, does anyone know if Gateway can boot the latest firmware update on emuNAND? I know it's considered incompatible with GW, but that usually means that the ROM selector menu stops working. Other than that, would it be safe to upgrade my emuNAND?

I'm using a New 3DS XL, if it matters.

Thank you

Last edited by Blueie,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it was just the rom selector menu not working, why wouldn't you just move to Luma3DS at that point? B9S is dead simple to install.

Anyways, no. 11.3 and 11.4 will result in a black screen. You won't land on the home menu at all.

Reactions: Blueie

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Even if it was just the rom selector menu not working, why wouldn't you just move to Luma3DS at that point? B9S is dead simple to install.

Anyways, no. 11.3 and 11.4 will result in a black screen. You won't land on the home menu at all.
Just didn't feel like switching to CFW right now, as I've been out of the loop on the scene for the last 2 years.

Anyway, thanks for clearing my doubt. Pity it's not supported at all, but nothing to do about it (other than making the effort of catching up and switching to CFW).

Say, do you know if my GW emuNAND would be compatible with Luma3DS?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just didn't feel like switching to CFW right now, as I've been out of the loop on the scene for the last 2 years.

Anyway, thanks for clearing my doubt. Pity it's not supported at all, but nothing to do about it (other than making the effort of catching up and switching to CFW).

Say, do you know if my GW emuNAND would be compatible with Luma3DS?
https://3ds.guide

There should be a section on moving your EmuNAND to SysNAND. But if you want to keep using one, then yeah. Once you get to the Luma3DS configuration steps, you'll want to tick off Autoboot EmuNAND.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Or you can just use ctr-httpwn to bypass firmware version check, I think it should work on 11.2 emunand and you'll still be able to use gateway.

Marioiscool246

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab the latest version of the friends system module and install it with devmenu (or FBI) and you'll bypass the update nag with no need to use httpwn or switch cfws.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would also recommend to switch to b9s. With it you have way more possibilities and who knows when Gateway updates there firmware.

But if you use 11.3/11.4 with Sysnand don't try to boot Gateway with the payloads via Chainloading because as far as i know this will override the hack on Old 3DS and will brick a New3DS because Gateway does not protect the Firm Partitions.
But if you use Luma3DS all is good because it protects Firm Partitions.

Reactions: Quantumcat

sora10pls

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would also recommend to switch to b9s. With it you have way more possibilities and who knows when Gateway updates there firmware.

But if you use 11.3/11.4 with Sysnand don't try to boot Gateway with the payloads via Chainloading because as far as i know this will override the hack on Old 3DS and will brick a New3DS because Gateway does not protect the Firm Partitions.
But if you use Luma3DS all is good because it protects Firm Partitions.
GW can't even boot into 11.3/11.4.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.

Even more reason to stay away from them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No just one more reason for staying away from Gateway ;)

For myself i own 3 Gateway Cards and liked using them for kngame cheats but the plugins for NTR do include all cheats i used so actually there is no need for me anymore to use Gateway and i din't think the is the need for anyone else. And if you don't want to play without it, install b9s to sysnand on 11.4 and emunand on 11.2 so you can use both worlds :)

Last edited by noX1609,

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own gateway and use ctr-httpwn on 11.2 with a9lh , no issues, great cheat system, ntr sucks ass because it hangs the games after you leave them and reenter, also creating cheats is far easier with gateway, luma is... nice, its not that great just to have 11.4 atm
Running B9S on 11.2 with Gateway myself. Works fantastic, and with ctr-httpwn I have zero issues with going online. It's basically the best of all worlds, and there's effectively ZERO reason to be on 11.3/4 right now.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Running B9S on 11.2 with Gateway myself. Works fantastic, and with ctr-httpwn I have zero issues with going online. It's basically the best of all worlds, and there's effectively ZERO reason to be on 11.3/4 right now.
I've heard the new fire emblem is 11.3+ :)
Betting that it's a gratuitous dependency that can be fixed, though

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new Fire Emblem works on Gateway. You just can't install the DLC .cia for whatever reason. At least that's the case from what I read.

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new Fire Emblem works on Gateway. You just can't install the DLC .cia for whatever reason. At least that's the case from what I read.
Installing it directly via FBI seemingly worked for me on 11.2. Installation via "that other app" failed, however. Perhaps this explains why. Either way, manual install appeared to have worked, but I haven't yet tested.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been running with Gateway for the last 2 years, but with the B9S and easy install, it was time to switch. My personal opinion is GW is out of the game, they won't be coming back and we probably won't see an 11.4 update. Because the truth is, getting the emunand update is easy enough for them to do and they aren't doing it, so that says something.

I could be wrong, but I'd rather have the full benefit of my 3DS now, then wait to see what a failing company (they have no money coming in from flash cards, so how they paying their employees or rent?) does or doesn't do. I will miss the cheat engine, because it kicked ass, but not enough to keep GW.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"