Hacking Is it safe to play Mighty No 9 through Loadiine?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Some people on Miiverse is saying that the game brick consoles, Deep Silver already release a patch, now I won't lie, I don't have the game (phisycal or digital) seeing all the bad reviews it's getting I really don't want to buy until I try it first, will look for a download. I've been very vocal against piracy in the past, but I'm kinda justifying me because the mess this game has become, still want to try out, maybe it's not so bad, in that case I would think getting it legally (I wish we could have a demo, so I would try this in a legal way).
So again, is it safe play this particular game? Or there are chances to brick your Wii U?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I wouldn't even bother, not because of the bricking of the Wii U, but it looks like the game just sucks.

My opinion of course..Anyways,

They said the bricks occurs because of the DLC, unless you buy the DLC..you should be fine..I think? I'd wait, personally..
Thanks for the reply, seems not worth the effort, I probably wait.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Man, wait first Tokyo Mirage leak.lol
I'm really considering the LE for TMS (if it last long enough in stock will get it) the game looks very polished unlike the beta reject Mighty No 9.
There is update for Might 9 in the works.
It's already up it seems.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Play it on PC or 3DS, I would do that, it's not like it's going to delete System32 or something from your PC.
Also, the game probably works on any computer, so there's that.

D

Deleted User

Play it on PC or 3DS, I would do that, it's not like it's going to delete System32 or something from your PC.
Also, the game probably works on any computer, so there's that.
Eh, won't work on my stsem. And you need better specs than I imagined for the game.

But yeah. Will work on not trash computers.

Reactions: Chuardo

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The person who made the assumption of it bricking didn't know the difference between a brick, and a regular freeze/crash. Folks asked him to do the usual unplug/plug power trick, and his Wii U works now. The game does not brick systems. It's just an occurrence that you'd find like in Netflix and Youtube.

Reactions: I pwned U!
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, the rumour is all too true. The second I loaded it up a bunch of anime fans showed up and threw pizza at the console until it died. Unfortunately for them, I snuck out and booked them in for the annual prom.

(We're all allowed to shitpost once in a while, right? TBH I'll probably go too and we'll all sit in the corner watching Death Parade.)

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Oh, the rumour is all too true. The second I loaded it up a bunch of anime fans showed up and threw pizza at the console until it died. Unfortunately for them, I snuck out and booked them in for the annual prom.

(We're all allowed to shitpost once in a while, right? TBH I'll probably go too and we'll all sit in the corner watching Death Parade.)

I don't think falsely claiming you are shitposting when you are telling the truth is cool dude.

5cm6Pga.jpg

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people on Miiverse is saying that the game brick consoles, Deep Silver already release a patch, now I won't lie, I don't have the game (phisycal or digital) seeing all the bad reviews it's getting I really don't want to buy until I try it first, will look for a download. I've been very vocal against piracy in the past, but I'm kinda justifying me because the mess this game has become, still want to try out, maybe it's not so bad, in that case I would think getting it legally (I wish we could have a demo, so I would try this in a legal way).
So again, is it safe play this particular game? Or there are chances to brick your Wii U?
one. ONE person reported this, news outlets started covering it, then the dude who reported it took it back saying he was lying.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to even brick the console, it would require access to the internal memory. Loadiine doesn't have any NAND/eMMC access rights except for the savegame folder. the save file itself can't brick a console, at best it will tell that the savegame is corrupted.

tldr : you can't brick the console with loadiine. Not enough rights without IOS hacks.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You know, the technical issues are not that terrible as people say, overall it's decent game, stuttering seems more noticeable with bloom option enabled, but it's totally playable, I've only played it during 1 hour though.

I guess loading times would be better having the game installed on HDD or nand. The loading time after you die is around 12 seconds on Loadiine.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I can't like this post enough. :lol:

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The dude who reported it as a brick must honestly be a fucking retard to not tell the difference between that and a common freeze
That or he hates the game too much.

Reactions: ldeveraux

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night