Hardware Is it possible to use "non-Vita" MicroSDs?

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been planning to buy a PS Vita for a time now,but 32GB microSD are incredible 400 BRL,and 16GB ones are 150-200+ BRL. Is there a way to use microSDs that are "non-PS Vita" ?

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, not at this moment. As I understand it, someone is working on getting mSD to work but I haven't seen or heard anything on it in awhile.

I would recommend a pstv, if you don't mind the lack of portability. With usb support, you can use a flash drive as a memory card.

Reactions: Vieela

Simonius007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Definetly no
People talking about adapter in future, but nobody will invest money in this project
So buy a genuine psv card or stick with ps tv, witch is trash, you can get ps3 for this money
The point is to use handheld ps vita, witch is portable everyday companion

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Vieela

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definetly no
People talking about adapter in future, but nobody will invest money in this project
So buy a genuine psv card or stick with ps tv, witch is trash, you can get ps3 for this money

http://wololo.net/2017/05/12/ps-vita-hardware-hacker-hints-upcoming-microsd-adapter/

Read that. And also the pstv isn't trash, its wonderful. I have both a vita and ps tv, so if my vita is dead, I can play everything in my tv.

Last edited by MajinCubyan,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Simonius007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://wololo.net/2017/05/12/ps-vita-hardware-hacker-hints-upcoming-microsd-adapter/

Read that. And also the pstv isn't trash, its wonderful. I have both a vita and ps tv, so if my vita is dead, I can play everything in my tv.

So far it's all SPAM.
Until it came out Sony will shutdown all PS3/PS Vita servers and all people in the world will complete all games for Vita.
I got my 32 Gb Vita card for 40 USD. And believe me no point to buy adapter for around 20 bucks and SD card 32 gb for 20-25 and get glitchy cripple shit.
I remember PSP dual SD card adapter - piece of shit, witch can fail at anytime, so you can loose all your DATA.
Enjoy of waiting in the time when others enjoy of playing!!!!!!!!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As others have said, the Vita uses proprietory memory cards.

You can either wait for the rumoured adaptor, or just swallow it and buy the 64GB card. I have a 64GB card and while the price was painful, I couldn't live with a smaller card given this needs to be shared with Vita, PSP and PS1 titles not to mention rom sets.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So far it's all SPAM.
Until it came out Sony will shutdown all PS3/PS Vita servers and all people in the world will complete all games for Vita.
I got my 32 Gb Vita card for 40 USD. And believe me no point to buy adapter for around 20 bucks and SD card 32 gb for 20-25 and get glitchy cripple shit.
I remember PSP dual SD card adapter - piece of shit, witch can fail at anytime, so you can loose all your DATA.

so who did you scam to get the card that cheap?

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it's all SPAM.

Yeah, that psp one was reaaaally bad. Rip. Well i mean I have 32gb, 2 16gb cards and 2 32gb usb drives for my ps tv. So I don't need it regardless. It was more just to show that there may be an alternative in the future, as above you had said otherwise. Thought I quoted op too. Lol

Last edited by MajinCubyan, , Reason: Typooooos
Reactions: Simonius007

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Definetly no

... Especially for people that own a PS3 or PS4 controller already, the PSTV can be found extremely cheap.... Plus, it's a really nice device. It's definitely not trash. More than that, Wololo isn't spam. What do you even call spam? lmao.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
... Especially for people that own a PS3 or PS4 controller already, the PSTV can be found extremely cheap.... Plus, it's a really nice device. It's definitely not trash. More than that, Wololo isn't spam. What do you even call spam? lmao.
i'd guess he calls the rumor of an adapter spam.
its spam until he shows any kind of progress

Reactions: jDSX

Simonius007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that psp one was reaaaally bad. Rip. Well i mean I have 32gb, 2 16gb cards and 2 32gb usb drives for my ps tv. So I don't need it regardless. It was more just to show that there may be an alternative in the future, as above you had said otherwise. Thought I quoted op too. Lol

It's ok. Everything will be fine.
In mean time please have a look my PS Vita 3000 mAh battery MOD

Reactions: MajinCubyan

Simonius007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
'Spam' is the incorrect word. It's real, but let's not get too excited until it actually gets manufactured.

"Let's not get excited" it's incorrect sentence ;)
Better say: " Folks, don't get excited at all" until it came out LOL
...and even after!!!

bedbug1226

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Let's not get excited" it's incorrect sentence ;)
Better say: " Folks, don't get excited at all" until it came out LOL
...and even after!!!

Yeah everything you just said made no sense.

Might want to check your translator before correcting someone.

Last edited by bedbug1226,
Reactions: Simonius007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm