Hardware Is it possible to transfer emunand sd card data to non modded 3ds ?

Awesomeaustin316

Shiro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used my N3ds to play dlc and game cia downloads using gateway and emunand. My brother has always updated his 3ds so he never really gets to enjoy these things. Is there a way I can back up my emunand and sd card contents, then do the sd card transfer to his 3ds and him be able to access what I've installed through cia ? Or does it not work like that at all ? Sorry if this has been asked before, I just don't know what I would search exactly to find the answer to this.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used my N3ds to play dlc and game cia downloads using gateway and emunand. My brother has always updated his 3ds so he never really gets to enjoy these things. Is there a way I can back up my emunand and sd card contents, then do the sd card transfer to his 3ds and him be able to access what I've installed through cia ? Or does it not work like that at all ? Sorry if this has been asked before, I just don't know what I would search exactly to find the answer to this.
No nothing would run as signature checks are not being patched by anything on his 3DS.
Edit: What firmware is his 3DS on?

Awesomeaustin316

Shiro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His 3ds is updated to the latest sadly. well not latest but past 9.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was also thinking could I transfer a copy of his sysnand to my 3ds emunand ? That way I could just use a micro sd in a sd adapter, install what I need onto it, then insert it into his 3ds ? Since they would have the same nand would it work ?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His 3ds is updated to the latest sadly. well not latest but past 9.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was also thinking could I transfer a copy of his sysnand to my 3ds emunand ? That way I could just use a micro sd in a sd adapter, install what I need onto it, then insert it into his 3ds ? Since they would have the same nand would it work ?
You wouldn't be able to flash back the nand without the gateway installer or a hard mod just have him save up for a sky3ds or sell his 3ds and buy another one.

Awesomeaustin316

Shiro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. Might just get a sky 3ds for him. I'm sure he would enjoy it. Or wait and see if Gateway makes a miracle work around. Thanks for the info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Hi Hi