Hacking Is it possible to restore Mii/Mii Plaza data?

Black_Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, sent my 3DS in for repairs, Nintendo fucks up during processing, loses my SD card and they system reformat my 3DS. I kept a backup of my SD on an external hard drive, and managed to salvage a majority of my stuff. However, my system refuses to read some of my old save data, which I assume is due to Anti Save game restore program. http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Anti_Savegame_Restore. When I boot up my backup data the preview screen for Mii Maker shows my Miis in the portraits but when I run the channel, everything is deleted except for my Miiverse Mii.
My 3DS is still at 9.2.0-20U, and currently has no modifications to it. The Mii data was last updated at 9.0.0-20U.

So I have a few question regarding restoring my Mii data.
  • Is it possible to downgrade to 3.0.0-6, (before they implemented the anti save game restore program.) and would that be a way to bypass it? Since from what I'm reading, the 6.0 encryption only affects retail games.
  • Is there a device or program that bypasses or disable Anti save game restore sans savedatafiler?
  • Will savedatafiler be of use in retrieving the save data of downloaded retail games and Mii/Mii Plaza data that is currently unaffiliated with any 3DS due to the original system being deleted?

If you have any questions or need further information, please don't hesitate to ask.​

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm. I don't think you can downgrade past 4.0, not without a nand mod at least. And if there is a way of downgrading sysnand below 4.0 I don't know it. I know you can do it to emuNAND. Maybe you can do the same thing to sysnand, but it will probably require pastaCFW if you don't have gateway, but I think there is problems with using 3dnus to downgrade sysnandm

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, he's exploitable, use saved at filer like the first guy said. Oh, and please don't write in dark blue, it's almost impossible to read. I have to highlight it to read it, it's a pain.

Black_Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes with savedatafiler And even in 9.2 but not over and you can't downgrade over 9.2
So for clarification, savedatafiler can read save files that are unaffiliated with any 3DSs and create a save injection so that any 3DS can use that particular save file? I.G. I upload my SD card and anyone can just take any of the save files on it (as long as they have the game) and use them?

Just wanting to confirm before I start doing anything to my 3DS. Thank you.

Oh yeah, he's exploitable, use saved at filer like the first guy said. Oh, and please don't write in dark blue, it's almost impossible to read. I have to highlight it to read it, it's a pain.

Was just using the default color, switching to black

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to restore mii plaza data using savedatafiler?
tried that myself by backup title 00021800 (mii plaza for US) and restore it afterwards and it did not work

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also want to backup and restore mii Plaza. Why? I want to import miis to to mii maker but if I import from street pass loby I'll loose miis from street pass count and I don't want that. I want to import miis then restore save to I don't loose them.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I thought that registering a mii removes them from the Plaza. It does not...I could have sworn that it did...I don't need to backup the streetpass Plaza..... For now..
Edit: some character do... I'm confused now....

It seems that one's with a tag may be copied, if there's not a tag it will delete from the Plaza when you copy it mii maker.
So I still want to backup this data.
whats mii streetpaass plaza usa code in savefiler?

Last edited by xdarkmario,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm interesting in injecting 2 JPN exclusive puzzles - McDonald's & ANA, if importing Mii Plaza save works & someone has a save containing them.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm interesting in injecting 2 JPN exclusive puzzles - McDonald's & ANA, if importing Mii Plaza save works & someone has a save containing them.
Just found that Puzzles are stored inside NAND.
We don't need SDF for it but dumping emuNAND + FAT16 XORPAD NAND decryption is required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr