Hacking Is it possible to remove the Fatal Frame U censhorship via Loadiine?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather have the original Japanese game translated from English rather than trying to fix an inferior version. It's only causing more harm because we aren't even sure if the costumes alone are the only censorship involved so you would be fixing the costumes but not the overall issue.

Still holding hope for a translation instead.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i think somebody here already tried to translate the jpn version to english and it din work no?

I dun touch the game in ages but i think i kinda remember that the text files of the english version are (counter intuitively) larger than the jpn game and i din try to translate it at the time cause of that (cannot replace smaller files with larger ones), and if so then it's impractical to try to do it without a working repatcher of the game archive to move everything around and write the new offsets... I will give a quick look at it tho when i have some free time :)
oh, and i guess nobody wrote a repacker/patcher yet right?

Meh

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I'm just going leave this here, it's a patcher program which makes changes to the RPX/Archive that enables the Japanese game to played in Chinese. Working backwards from that should help out somebody dedicated enough, a little?

I tinkered with the files myself for a bit, but, in all honesty... that weird scene with Mui doing gravure and some bonus costumes didn't really motivate me to clear up my hard-drive and give it proper attention D;

Reactions: Ruben Burgt
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Damn this never went anywhere :/
Censorship is a nightmare but on my playthrough with this game there was still a truckload of cleavage and buttcracks, so Nintendo gracefully didn't remove too much at the very least. Especially when you get to Ayane's chapter.

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water was a really good game and worth owning a physical copy of. Too bad NoA never released it in the Americas on physical form.

Reactions: Pachee

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still no luck for now I see. While waiting I have refinished the entire game in the japanese version just to see the two heroines wearing these costumes on screen! I must say it was very easy to complete the game again after doing it in english first time but I still hope that, in the future, someone will be able to add them to the english version too because in this way our version is really missing something.....
In my humble opinion the zelda and samu suite are truly uncool on the screen!!!!

Worren did you ever upload the JPN Save file of all costumes? I googled a lot and I think you may be the only person/source I know that can upload the JPN save file

KosmoRei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ehm, is there any progress on this? I just applied xdelta patches to LNK and RPX files to remove censorship, but I getting instant DSI crash at startup with Loadiine. So... is it possible to remove censorship, but leave game in playable state?

P.S. Cemu starts the game fine...

Last edited by KosmoRei,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning