Hacking Is it possible to remove the Fatal Frame U censhorship via Loadiine?

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not even sure if it works either, but I doubt it would break anything. It might be more beneficial for disc users. Chunk size is 2048 which is the size of BR sectors.
Also, can we not add in more costumes thru the xml files? I saw there was a bunch of config files for this game. Adding new files is no issue.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ye, i saw a bunch of xml files too, for stage settings and stuff, din search much but only saw that easy to spot one about the characters, but it only mentions the standard outfit and i buddy and cossel which i wonder what they are too...

So i just inserted a modded zlib into the archive that has a length of 0x6BDBC3 and filled the rest with zeros till the next file, and i added 0x800 to that lenght and put it at the start of the zlib like the others (although this one is muuch bigger than all others, 6 bytes instead of 4 bytes), i just dun really understand ur step 8, cut which 4 bytes?
Anyway, i just tried like that and i get a dsi error, so it crashes the entire wiiu before even starting the game. Either i missed something, or it really needs to be in chunks...
oh and btw, i dunno what compression level the zlib program i'm using inflates in, would it matter?

Last edited by Elusivo,

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ye, i saw a bunch of xml files too, for stage settings and stuff, din search much but only saw that easy to spot one about the characters, but it only mentions the standard outfit and i buddy and cossel which i wonder what they are too...

So i just inserted a modded zlib into the archive that has a length of 0x6BDBC3 and filled the rest with zeros till the next file, and i added 0x800 to that lenght and put it at the start of the zlib like the others (although this one is muuch bigger than all others, 6 bytes instead of 4 bytes), i just dun really understand ur step 8, cut which 4 bytes?
Anyway, i just tried like that and i get a dsi error, so it crashes the entire wiiu before even starting the game. Either i missed something, or it really needs to be in chunks...
oh and btw, i dunno what compression level the zlib program i'm using inflates in, would it matter?
Maybe I should have explained a bit better. offset_start points to the start of the data. From there you would need to clear offset_stop amount of bytes. I just subtracted 4 because the first data in that block is the filesize.

You can check the header, 78 9C is the default compression level. It's what the game uses but it might support multiple types as every zlib block in the file has the compression level flags set.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ah ok, that part i got yesterday night, so i dun think i din anything wrong about adding the file, xcept break it into multiple blocks.

So i just got the game to load with my zlib, which starts with 789c also, but i added 0x8000 instead of 0x800 to the size. and i changed the file size to include the zeros till the next blank line (considering each line has 0x20 bytes) instead of till the exact finish of the file.
But before, with just changing filenames, when i went to the costumes menu it would simply not show the model, then i just needed to exit that menu and it wouldn't hang the game, but with my zlib as soon as it tries to show the model it freezes the image and i have to hard reset the wiiu :/

So either i injected it wrong or my modded zlib is really not compatible or i guess better find a way to break it into blocks and try that way...,
past 1am now so tomorrow night i will try to compress the standard model in just one block and see if it loads, if it doesn't then it really has to be in chuncks.

Last edited by Elusivo,

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Btw, since they are only ignoring the jpn outfits which they didn't remove from the eur game, won't some gecko memory editing be able to switch to those jpn outfits?

Like that we would get the jpn outfits even in the disc game.

Update: I injected the original Miu outfit without breaking it into chunks and it doesn't work :/
Game loads fine but when it goes to read the model it crashes with a dsi error.
Tho somebody else could give it a go just to make sure I din mess up the file insertion into the archive.
Now somebody needs to do a repacker[emoji14]voluntiers?

I know the format but not how to automate it, I think it splits the uncompressed file into 16KB chunks, compresses each of them separately and writes them consecutively with the compressed size of each chunck added by 0x8000 written on the preceding 4B and padded with zeros after the end till aligned to 16B before starting the next chunck.

Last edited by Elusivo,

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Btw, since they are only ignoring the jpn outfits which they didn't remove from the eur game, won't some gecko memory editing be able to switch to those jpn outfits?

Like that we would get the jpn outfits even in the disc game.

Update: I injected the original Miu outfit without breaking it into chunks and it doesn't work :/
Game loads fine but when it goes to read the model it crashes with a dsi error.
Tho somebody else could give it a go just to make sure I din mess up the file insertion into the archive.
Now somebody needs to do a repacker[emoji14]voluntiers?

I know the format but not how to automate it, I think it splits the uncompressed file into 16KB chunks, compresses each of them separately and writes them consecutively with the compressed size of each chunck added by 0x8000 written on the preceding 4B and padded with zeros after the end till aligned to 16B before starting the next chunck.
Yes, but there's also sectors you have to keep in mind. After the last piece of the chunk there's padding til the sector size of 2048 is reached. The format is quite easy actually.
The strange thing is that the sizes don't match up. If you go to 0x0002B000 in the JPN version you'll see that the first chunk has a size of 2A1, the one after 2A8.

Edit: I'm an idiot, of course they don't match when compressed.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cool, just really need a save with at least an unlocked outfit to be able try to switch outfits now I think!

Weird thing is I tried Miu's standard outfit from the jpn game in the eur game and the eur game can't read it O.o I wonder why, it should work no?... at least it doesn't crash the wiiu just by trying to change costume.

Was just digging around in the files and I cannot confirm it but i'm fairly certain i got the correct outfit model filenames for the jpn and eur version, the others with similar naming are probly accessories and whatnot, I think. The A outfit (which is the standard one) I dun think it can be changed just by replacing it with another one cause it mentions in it dry and wet socks that the other files dun have.
4 outfits for Yuri: H_YRI_A, H_YRI_B, H_YRI_D, H_YRI_G (eur game has the addition of H_YRI_P)
3 outfits for Miu: H_MIU_A, H_MIU_B, H_MIU_D (eur game has the addition of H_MIU_M)

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cheering you guys on!
been following Aluigi's script on Quickbms he posted a reimport script. cant test it fully at the moment. I am in now way a programmer of any kind, I'm just unpacking and reimporting blindly.
Glad to see progress also on GBAtemp's side =D

Edit: at the moment playing the JPN ver. Which version save file did you need? its going to be hard, difficult criteria needed; Hacked WiiU + niche game + EUR-only. or if you needed the JPN save, much worse odds...
I would, but kind of holding out on the Uncens ver.
Started the JPN ver while I wait, I cant understand the most important thing; the stroy. only understand about 30-40% japanese.
(-Monday)

Edit:Edit: (Today-)

Just forgot to ask, are you guys Translating the JPN version or Uncensoring the EUR version, I could not tell which way you guys were leaning. I really prefer it if the "project" was to Translate (move EUR Menus and Text to JPN ver.) the JPN version, as I find it runs smoother than the EUR version, from personal testing using the JPN dump and the EUR dumps floating around.

Also would having the NA/US version's dump/wud help at all? (wrote this on the other forums;) I find that the EUR version has more Data than the JPN version because the EUR version has all the languages, not trying to stomp on the non-Eng players that prefer PAL/EUR versions, just would it make a difference if you use the US/NA version to translate the JPN version, versus the EUR.
Again, assuming this "project" is to translate the JPN version of the game.

Last edited by HyeVltg3,

worren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I am new and I just found this discussion searching for an uncensored version of project zero 5 on google.
I have just finished the eur version and unlocked all the costumes, I have done also the ayane story but I don't think it is important. So let me know if you need the complete eur save or if you need the japanes one. Now that I know the story I am downloading the japanese version to finish it again so I think I will be able to obtain a complete save also on it but not before the end of the month. Let me knwow and thx a lot for your efforts!

Last edited by worren,
Reactions: Net-KILLER

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I am new and I just found this discussion searching for an uncensored version of project zero 5 on google.
I have just finished the eur version and unlocked all the costumes, I have done also the ayane story but I don't think it is important. So let me know if you need the complete eur save or if you need the japanes one. Now that I know the story I am downloading the japanese version to finish it again so I think I will be able to obtain a complete save also on it but not before the end of the month. Let me knwow and thx a lot for your efforts!

Just to be on the safe side, just upload the EUR save now and then do the JPN save when you can, would make a lot of things easier, especially the part about contacting you later when the coders NEED the save. so just upload/attach the save to speed things up.

worren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok! Uploaded it now. I started yesterday, as I said, the japanese version, so I will need time to finish it.
After doing the english one is really easy to progress in it, however I don't think I would have been able to finish it without some guide if I played it directly first when I wanted to play the uncensored version of the game.
Let me know if there are some news then!
thx

Attachments

• savedata.rar
    1.8 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: HyeVltg3

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tks for the save.

Ok, so I tried some simple file renaming and gmpk archive editing but no luck so far, whenever it tries to read the costume it hangs the game as usual, almost feels like there's really some hash check in place or something (maybe why Miu's standard jpn costume doesn't work in eur game too when I tried last time...). Will still try tomorrow to reorder the files in the archive to see if it matters.
Tried also a fast rpx editing but again no luck, I dunno which settings to use for creation of a valid rpx with the sdk for this game to work.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no, been busy, changing n looking for new job n shit, but at least now can get the corrected textures out and be sure which files are for each costume and a couple days ago i was inspecting the rpx and found the pointers for the files paths, if i have time today I'll hex edit those in hopes that the rpx can still run afterwards and see if anything happens (or probly scratch that... forgot i still dunno how to recompile the rpx lol).

Update: Managed to edit the filenames in the rpx directly by hex editing the rpx without needing to rpx->elf->rpx it and the game still runs after editing the rpx, but same thing happens like when editing the archive. When playing the game and going to change to the costume I edited in the rpx the model doesn't load and the game crashes (this with an original archive, so can still edit the gmpk too there and see)... Unlike in IDA, i din find the pointers yet just by hex editing the rpx, so I can still search for those and, if found, edit those instead (tho maybe what's needed might be to edit whatever is calling those pointers, and that's beyond me); or dunno, edit the filenames both in the rpx and in the archive at same time... just shooting in the dark here tho, dun really have much experience with these things.

Last edited by Elusivo,

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if sdcafiine could replace the separate files in use after they were unpacked from the archive, who knows...

I had no luck when replacing the files inside the archive, even when replacing with original gmpk files it also fails :/

Btw, if we unpack the files from the archive, write them in the sdcard into the correct folder paths used by the wiiu, could the game work like that on loadiine and not have to use the biiiig ass archive?

Meh

Reactions: OriginalHamster

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow I have been searching around on the net for a while then bumped on this topic. Seems like it's harder than I thought. Just wanted to post to appreciate all the effort. Hope someone someday cracks this. As for now I play the waiting game to play this game.

worren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Still no luck for now I see. While waiting I have refinished the entire game in the japanese version just to see the two heroines wearing these costumes on screen! I must say it was very easy to complete the game again after doing it in english first time but I still hope that, in the future, someone will be able to add them to the english version too because in this way our version is really missing something.....
In my humble opinion the zelda and samu suite are truly uncool on the screen!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1