Hacking Is it possible to mod a PS3 that can't read disc?

ankc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The PS3(Fat) in question can't read discs but I'm planning to play from HDD, would that cause a problem for modding it?

Thanks

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got the wrong idea.
Since multiman and most backup loaders require a disk on the xmb to boot the backups he's asking if it's possible to find a workaround.

Actually that requirement was removed a long time ago, at least for most games. Some odd ones still require it but those are few and far between and even those I think are only for when you are trying to play from an external USB drive.

To the OP You will need at least the logic board of the drive installed though if that is toast then you cannot do much about it. (In theory I think it would still be possible but it would require some extra steps, steps that are way over my head.)

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 3.55 is the best firmware for that, there is also a lens cleaning disk you can get that may help your problem though

ankc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually that requirement was removed a long time ago, at least for most games. Some odd ones still require it but those are few and far between and even those I think are only for when you are trying to play from an external USB drive.

To the OP You will need at least the logic board of the drive installed though if that is toast then you cannot do much about it. (In theory I think it would still be possible but it would require some extra steps, steps that are way over my head.)
What is a logic board?How can I know if it's toast?I think the problem might be a lens problem.

Thanks

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is a logic board?How can I know if it's toast?I think the problem might be a lens problem.

Thanks

Well if you can install a CFW and play games you know your circuit board is ok. If you can't more than likely it's bad. The reason you need that board to be working is that it has your keys that are linked to your console. (I think... lol)

If its a lens issue, your fine. Just make sure your on 3.55 firmware or lower, if your lower then update to OFW 3.55. Then I recomend you carefully follow a guide.

Dig around on this web page for all kinds of information on hacking the PS3, in the forums should be an up to date guide and how to use Multiman or what ever BUM you want to use.

http://www.ps3hax.net/

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about PSN title? do you need a disc to run them?
Last time i checked the was a few hundreds of them...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...