Hacking Is it possible to get ysmenu on a r4i-sdhc???

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is this the red box version? cause i have it. But btw why do you need YS menu on the r4i-sdhc red box version, all the games work on mine and they even update the firmware every 5 to 30 days and add new features to it. It so far had 100% compatibility for me

RTAgent5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you had issues with Pokemon games at all with this R4i? I've got the same R4i-SDCH (red Box) and I cant load a save for the life of me, they corrupt every time. Even with YSMenu. (Yes I've replaced savelib.dat and made sure the sav file is 1Mb, used sel+up+B, nothing works.) I've never had this problem with my old defunct Original R4.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bach3609 said:
Is this the red box version? cause i have it. But btw why do you need YS menu on the r4i-sdhc red box version, all the games work on mine and they even update the firmware every 5 to 30 days and add new features to it. It so far had 100% compatibility for me

Ditto. I've had my R4i-SDHC (red box) for about 3 months now, and have had 100% compatability as well, including all the protected Square/Enix stuff. I'm gonna guess a buncha folks just don't activate the bypass cheats and hit save before playing.

@ Shroppy - That card is not the same as the one this was written for. Just a heads up.

@ RTAgent5 - I've read that the R4i-SDHC creates it's own save types, and doesn't recognize those not created by it. If you're trying to load a save you downloaded or took from an emulator, this may be why the save file doesn't work.

RTAgent5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The red box version loads no$ battery file saves just fine. (Besides, it also creates 1Mb saves by default) It's only pokemon that it fucks up with.
tongue.gif
. I'll just break out my old (Original) R4 and say screw it.

kam1kaz3k1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the people above I've had no problem with the R4i-SDHC w/ red box. All of my games so far have been playable...

Only now with MLRPG3 that I (and many people) have had issues.

Based off what I read, it seems using YSMenu with this particular flashcart would solve the issue with this game.

With that, could a more detailed explanation on how to get YSMenu be provided?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember that the R4i-SDHC Red Box version is a DSTT clone and not a R4 clone. Using R4YSauto won't build a version you can use. You need to build a version of YSMenu for the DSTT.

BASS ULTRA

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jruschme said:
It works!

A quick recap for those who just joined us...

The R4i-SDHC (and it's non-i version) are DSTT clones with a somewhat different menu system. In order to get YSMenu to run in an R4i-SDHC card, one has to resolve two issues:1. Fooling YSMenu into thinking it is running on a DSTT
2. Finding a (relatively) seamless way to run YSMenu.First, we need to set up YSMenu as normal. DO NOT patch it with the R4 DLDI driver! Instead, we want to leave the DSTT DLDI driver that it is already patched with and, instead, apply a patch to disable autopatching. (A suitable utility can be found on the DLDI wiki.) This is because the DLDI driver automatically patched by the R4i-SDHC (DEMON IO library) is not recognized by YSMenu, so it does not know what loader to use.

At this point, we can manually run YSMenu from the R4 menu. Now, normally, we would consider copying \YSMenu.nds to \R4.dat and booting directly into YSMenu. This won't work, however, as the firmware on the card seems to expect to see something in the R4.dat file and won't boot otherwise (displays an icon reading "MENU?"). Similarly, it doesn't appear that we can just copy YSmenu.nds to some other file and override the "Game" menu.

This leaves one option- take over the Moonshell button. For this we need to edit the file \R4iMenu\multimedia.ini and replace the contents with the path to YSMenu.nds. Once done, we can select YSmenu from the initial start screen.

Assuming that you mean the dstt ysmenu then...

WHAT.

So I have to put all the ysmenu stuff on it and then put r4i firmware on it?
ohmy.gif

step29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jruschme said:
It works!

The R4i-SDHC (and it's non-i version) are DSTT clones with a somewhat different menu system. In order to get YSMenu to run in an R4i-SDHC card, one has to resolve two issues:1. Fooling YSMenu into thinking it is running on a DSTT
2. Finding a (relatively) seamless way to run YSMenu.First, we need to set up YSMenu as normal. DO NOT patch it with the R4 DLDI driver! Instead, we want to leave the DSTT DLDI driver that it is already patched with and, instead, apply a patch to disable autopatching. (A suitable utility can be found on the DLDI wiki.) This is because the DLDI driver automatically patched by the R4i-SDHC (DEMON IO library) is not recognized by YSMenu, so it does not know what loader to use.

At this point, we can manually run YSMenu from the R4 menu. Now, normally, we would consider copying \YSMenu.nds to \R4.dat and booting directly into YSMenu. This won't work, however, as the firmware on the card seems to expect to see something in the R4.dat file and won't boot otherwise (displays an icon reading "MENU?"). Similarly, it doesn't appear that we can just copy YSmenu.nds to some other file and override the "Game" menu.

This leaves one option- take over the Moonshell button. For this we need to edit the file \R4iMenu\multimedia.ini and replace the contents with the path to YSMenu.nds. Once done, we can select YSmenu from the initial start screen.

I still dont get it can you help me how to stop auto patching or something? like download links or steps what to do Ill still be looking on DLDIWiki

TotalNEW-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BASS ULTRA said:
jruschme said:
It works!

Assuming that you mean the dstt ysmenu then...

WHAT.

So I have to put all the ysmenu stuff on it and then put r4i firmware on it?
ohmy.gif

I agree, I don't get it, mind building a step by step for this? Cuz theres plenty of newbs here that want to ditch the R4 regime and go for YSmenu. I have R4i SDHC btw. I mean, I thought the YSmenu had to be built with the R4dldi driver - I don't know what the steps in between are without it because all of the guides I've seen are either waaay to complicated, or need it. I also don't know how to edit the R4i menu.ini. PLS< A STEP BY STEP WILL MAKE U MY MESSIAH righ now!!

Oh, and I found something called - DLDI-No-AutoPatch, is that what you were talking about? I got it from DLDI wiki but there isnt much info on it without technical words.

TaNmAn150

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't work on my R4 SDHC..
Anyone mind giving me a step to step guide on how to actually do this? Im completely lost.

Cyphox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, here's an easy tutorial, you need:
1. YSMenu Generator for R4/M3Simply/Clones 1.5.1 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7244
2. ysmenu http://yasu.rank.nu/yasu/count.cgi?n=YSMEN...u0903270000.zip
3. copy of the latest dstt kernel http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7377
4. copy of DLDI No-AutoPatch http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/uploads/c/cd/Dldino-apatch.zip
5. A working R4i-SDHC (1.4) with latest firmware (O RLY??)
blink.gif

here's how you do it:
1. Launch the generator and create ysmenu by following the instructions, choose media replacement as boot type.
You'll find the new created ysmenu files in a "generatedxxxxxxxxx"-folder inside the ysmenu-generator folder.
2. delete the r4dldi.dat and the r4patch.dat inside of TTMENU-folder
3. extract YSMenu0903270000.zip and [7377]TTMenu_V1.17a07.zip
4. copy the ttmenu.dat from [7377]TTMenu_V1.17a07.zip into the YSMenu0903270000-folder, run ttextract.exe
5. copy the newly created ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat into your "generatedxxxxxxxxx\TTMENU"-folder
6. extract Dldino-apatch.zip, run DLDI No-Patch.exe, point to the _DS_MSHL.NDS and apply the patch.
7. copy the content of ""generatedxxxxxxxxx"-folder into the root directory of your r4i
8. edit r4imenu/multimedia_path.ini with notepad and point to /_DS_MSHL.NDS

you should now be able to run ysmenu from the multimedia-button in your r4-menu.
soft-reset and "back to firmware" doesn't work for me, but that's... negligible....

and btw., i'm a total flashcard-newbie myself, i figured this all out by READING!!! (thanks to gbatemp, great website), searching (google ftw) and trial&error

i'm so proud of myself...
wacko.gif

edit2: softreset works, just rename the _DS_MSHL.NDS to ttmenu.dat... and dont forget to edit your multimedia_path.ini

Reactions: Reza007

TotalNEW-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Thanks for the tut, I'll try it out tom, seeing as I am seeing this at 11 00, btw, "generatedxxxxxxxxx\TTMENU" - im guessing this is like a variable for the name, or is it the actual name for the file it'll be in? SO far your tut is the simplest and well provided than most tuts, althought there are still big tech words - I think I get it, I hope it works

2. Btw, if this makes a diff, I have a R4i SDHC - on the R4i loading screen or w.e it says R4i Pro, and it came from a dark green and black box

3. IF UR TUT WORKS< YOU ARE MY GOD! I'l lll check in after I have a chance to try it, if it works for other people who have my problem, please, I beg of you, prepare a built file of it and post it up for every1 who needs it!! Make everyones lives quadruple times easier!! =) Since the tut maker is god, you shall be my messiah 0_0.

Eloweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
smile.gif
Great, so YSMenu can work on an R4 SDHC clone?
biggrin.gif
Wonderful. Now I just have to keep my attention span up long enough to get the gist of it. Thank you so much!

Cyphox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TotalNEW-B said:
2. Btw, if this makes a diff, I have a R4i SDHC - on the R4i loading screen or w.e it says R4i Pro, and it came from a dark green and black box

The Question is: Is this card a dstt clone? If yes, it should work, if not, it might be not THAT easy...or possible at all...
QUOTE(TotalNEW-B @ Oct 21 2009, 05:00 AM) 3. IF UR TUT WORKS< YOU ARE MY GOD! I'l lll check in after I have a chance to try it, if it works for other people who have my problem, please, I beg of you, prepare a built file of it and post it up for every1 who needs it!! Make everyones lives quadruple times easier!! =) Since the tut maker is god, you shall be my messiah 0_0.

the creator of ysmenu don't want people to distribute prebuilt packages AND it's against the rules of gbatemp afaik... i think i read that somewhere, not quite sure...

TotalNEW-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OH ok, well, I guess I'l try the tut out wen I get my DSi bak from my bro
sleep.gif

oh, and um, I read somewhere that all/ most R4 SDHC's are clones that are closer to DSTT, and plus, I alraedy tried the YSAUTO YSmenu used for R4's and original R4's, and it had the unsupported DLDI thingy, so I - HOPE - that this is it. If ppl need info on mine that will help me not waste time on tryin this my info is:

R4i SDHC -it has a gold sticker btw

Revolution For DS
NDSI/NDSL/NDS

oh, i saw sumtihn sumwhere that was talking bout if there was a bulge out of ur sticker. Mine does, a bit, that means its fake righ? Again, green case/

well, if this tut works for ppls red cases, ill definately try it on mine

TotalNEW-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
injected11 said:
If it has a gold sticker, it's an "R4 Gold" of some sort, and it isn't a DSTT clone. IIRC it probably is an EZ Flash clone.

it says R4i SDHC tho, on the card, and on the menu screen thing, it says R4i Pro, which is it??? BTW< currently trying out the tut - hey, tut maker, if this works, you should make like, an official guide for it for SDHC ppl, cuz like, a lot of ppl i know from other forums have the same problem wid YSmenu

Darn, if it is a EZ flash clone, do they have a YSmenu for it? I SERIOUSLY NEED YSMENU , so much easier to play more gamez - if its an EZ flash, would it still do the unsupported DLDI thingy? can I check if its a EZ flash clone by using a cheat compilation file for EZ and seeing if it works?

Oh, on screen it says R4DS Pro English Version - the top screen with a calendar

the bottom says R4 revolution for DS, then a pacman, music notes, and a face - reminds me of like a PC OS sign or w.e. its called,
under that it has v.1.30

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice job, looks great. I'll use this in the future to help my dad which has a r4i-sdhc and since he wants to stick with it.....so he can actually play our newer dumped games without dragging em along with us on a trip
smile.gif
(That is why i have a acekard2i for newer games, but i also like using my r4i, don't mind patching games cause im currently not willing to update to 1.11b.)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's from www.r4i-sdhc, it's a DSTT clone. Putting the latest unofficial DSTT firmware 1.11a07 renamed to .nds will let you select it and boot it from the Games menu. It can play the new games without the rest of YSmenu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a