Homebrew Is it possible to disable access to Homebrew Browser from in Wiiflow

JanosValentine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, is there a way to child proof the thing so that the Wii doesn't get bricked? There's this little button that comes up at the bottom in some of the games menus that leads directly to a home brew browser.

I should mention that I'm using the Wiiflow Masterpiece pack and have modified the source_menu.ini to remove and rearrange any unwanted buttons from the source menu, but I can't get rid of that one at the bottom.

JanosValentine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've already edited the Source Menu manually, I don't see much need for a tool for that unless it accesses some extra features, but anyway I found a solution.

Enabling Parental Controls from the Wiiflow Options Menu seems to hide/disable the homebrew channel button, but doesn't disable accessing the homebrew channel through the Wiiflow channel browser. Also it can be set to load directly to the source menu from there, and Nand emulation settings can bypass the need for a gamecube card!

I believe I may be able hide the Homebrew channel coompletely by HideAndSeek though I haven't gotten to try that yet. If not, I suppose I could store my Homebrew channel on a separate SD card and just delete the channel until I need it, then reinstall and delete it again when I'm done.

JanosValentine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that I'm stuck on HideAndSeek, apparently I need to load some kind of Dol for the homebrew channel to get started but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. Does anyone know?

JanosValentine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that I'm stuck on HideAndSeek, apparently I need to load some kind of Dol for the homebrew channel to get started but I have absolutely no idea how to do that.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is extremely late but to hide the homebrew channel from showing when you view Channels mode select the homebrew channel> press B on favorites star to enter categories menu and check the Hidden category. now back in main view press B on favorites for categories menu and make sure the Hidden category is set to an X so all games in that category won't show.

check the bottom of this wiiflowiki page for more info - https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/categories

also with parental lock on you could just select the homebrew channel and click on the adult only button (may be a hand on a stop sign) to set the game in lock mode. now the next time you come back to channel mode the homebrew channel won't show. to bring it back you have to enter your code to unlock wiiflow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."