Homebrew Is it possible to connect a DS emulator to the real thing?

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are some DS emulators that are able to connect to Wi-Fi, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I was wondering if there's any emulator or program out there that allows a local wireless connection to the DS, for things like DS download play, local multiplayer, Pokemon trading, and whatnot. I've googled around a bit, but most of the information I've found is for connecting to Wi-Fi using an emulator.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Download play. I believe some of the wifime stuff ended up somewhere near that when it comes to demos though the practical applications of such a thing are limited. Likewise some of the homebrew stuff headed in this direction but that is a different matter altogether.
Otherwise not really. It is a similar thing to why there is no tunnel program to allow you to pipe local wireless play over the internet (the DS nifi protocol aka the thing that governs local wireless is possible to do with some conventional wifi hardware but it is a right pain).

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's too bad, but I'll probably be picking up a 3DS before too much longer, so I guess the stuff I need 2 DSes for can wait until then.

Thanks for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4