Hacking Is it possible to change region on cfw? (usa mystery gift on eu 3ds)

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I obtained a mystery gift code that is for the US. So i cant redeem it, but is there a way to make the game think im in the US and can redeem it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,

I obtained a mystery gift code that is for the US. So i cant redeem it, but is there a way to make the game think im in the US and can redeem it?
The ROM is the same on all regions and detects the region of your 3DS, which Luma can fake.
All you need to do is use Luma language emulation, the easiest way to do that is with Luma Locale Switcher.
Though the Pokemon will show the wrong region so it won't be 100% legit, you'll need to either change the region of your save with PkHex beforehand or edit the Pokemon afterwards.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The ROM is the same on all regions and detects the region of your 3DS, which Luma can fake.
All you need to do is use Luma language emulation, the easiest way to do that is with Luma Locale Switcher.
Though the Pokemon will show the wrong region so it won't be 100% legit, you'll need to either change the region of your save with PkHex beforehand or edit the Pokemon afterwards.

Sounds good, EU AND US will show ENG region on the pokemon right? (so in my case i dont have to edit that, or am i wrong?)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I downloaded the locale changer cia from luma. But i cant change the system region, only titles. but that didnt work since its region free. Am i blind? :P
It should work, people have done that before. It just fakes the region the game sees.
Maybe you need the "NIGHTLY" version from here: https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases
Luma changed how the language emulation worked at one point and that version is supposed to work with the new format.
Also, you have to enable language emulation in the Luma config.

Reactions: proflayton123

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It should work, people have done that before. It just fakes the region the game sees.
Maybe you need the "NIGHTLY" version from here: https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases
Luma changed how the language emulation worked at one point and that version is supposed to work with the new format.
Also, you have to enable language emulation in the Luma config.

Tried both Qr code versions. changed the title (moon) to USA and booted the game, sadly i still cant receive the gift. :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If the save file is English then it will indeed have ENG tag

good to know :D

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried physcial cia and qr download but no luck.

Setting the title to USA and boot it up > mystery gift > redeem code > error because of region. :/ rip me

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say the region and language are two completely different things in regards to Pokemon. The little "ENG" or "JPN" or "CHN" tag on the pokemon is not set by region but is set by language.

You can 100% be playing on a Japanese region 3DS in English and any pokemon you catch will have the "ENG" tag, not "JPN".
This is true in game as well as for wondercards.

If you're in Japan but playing your game in English and use a serial code for your region (JPN) the wondercard text will be in Japanese, but the Pokemon itself including it's name will be in English (the OT will always be the same).

Try it yourself. Open PKHeX and take ANY pokemon you caught on your own and change the language to something else, don't mess with the region. Load the game and you'll see the "Country" tag on the pokemon. Super simple MM.

Tried physcial cia and qr download but no luck.

Setting the title to USA and boot it up > mystery gift > redeem code > error because of region. :/ rip me
You're doing it wrong man. I do this all the time, I just had to redeem a wondercard for someone in the PAL region when my DS is USA lol. He's a local and couldn't even get it to work.....

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wanted to say the region and language are two completely different things in regards to Pokemon. The little "ENG" or "JPN" or "CHN" tag on the pokemon is not set by region but is set by language.

You can 100% be playing on a Japanese region 3DS in English and any pokemon you catch will have the "ENG" tag, not "JPN".
This is true in game as well as for wondercards.

If you're in Japan but playing your game in English and use a serial code for your region (JPN) the wondercard text will be in Japanese, but the Pokemon itself including it's name will be in English (the OT will always be the same).

Try it yourself. Open PKHeX and take ANY pokemon you caught on your own and change the language to something else, don't mess with the region. Load the game and you'll see the "Country" tag on the pokemon. Super simple MM.

You're doing it wrong man. I do this all the time, I just had to redeem a wondercard for someone in the PAL region when my DS is USA lol. He's a local and couldn't even get it to work.....

Would you mind telling me what you did?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good, EU AND US will show ENG region on the pokemon right? (so in my case i dont have to edit that, or am i wrong?)
EUR* not EU and that's the region not the language. EUR can be EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, or NL. Although Pokemon doesn't support Dutch.

English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.