Hacking Is it possible to be able to play PSX and PS2 games on Rogero?

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I just downloaded Rebug, 206mb.

Up next:
Rebug Toolbox
multiman
webman

For the Rebug toolbox would you recommend the full version?

Oh and I just opened up my PS3 and it says the firmware is 4.50? Do I need to downgrade first to 3.55?

Last edited by alienfromouterspace,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Webman makes loading games much easier among a wide range of other functions. But the big one it creates an entry in the game collum called webman games and populates this with an entry for each game. You click on this and it loads a web page that mounts the game and closes the browser. It's a way faster way to load games than using multiman. It also offers a built in fan control option.
Not needed but recommended.

Reactions: alienfromouterspace

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm looking at Brewology, is the one that I need to download a .sprx file? Also I want the Cobra version since Rebug will have Cobra?

I'll install Rebug and multiman first. Here we go!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got data is corrupted (8002F2B5). Redownload Rebug? Or am I missing something?

PS: just saw it flash that I have Rogero 4.50 CFW v1.01

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did try through recovery mode yes? If it isn't working you may need to downgrade back to 3.55 first. Its been ages since I use the downgraded but install the 3.55 downgrade pup. I'm not sure where to get it... But once that's installed install 3.55 cfw twice (yes twice) then you should be able to upgrade directly to rebug

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, recovery mode. I have redownloaded Rebug, I'll try installing it again first. Looks like the MD5 didn't match with the first file. This new one doesn't too, even though it fully completed its download.

By the way, what is Toggle QA? I read that it might help.

Update: installed Rebug Toolbox, toggled QA, still getting data corrupted issue.

Another update: it's updating now! Downloaded the file on my PC instead of my phone and it updated!

Well, it showed Rebug, asked me to use the Wireless controller, then promptly showed the data is corrupted error once again. At least there's progress?

Update #3: installing the update right now via the System Update option when the PS3 is not on Safe Mode. It's currently installing at 30%. At this point, I'm willing to try anything. I just want to play .hack :( (Darn you Bandai Namco for not releasing remasters!)

By the way, I can't seem to find good links for the Rogero 3.55 downgrader? Can I use the Rebug downgrader even though I have Rogero?

Oh what sweet mercy oh my I have Rebug now!!!! :rofl2:

Update #4: Updated multiman. Can confirm I no longer need a PS3 title on my drive to use it.

I'll try playing PS1 and PS2 titles next!

By the way, I just want to take this opportunity to thank mikey420 for your unwavering and amazing support. You sir make the internet a better place :)

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are absolutely welcome though I'd like to mention rebug just released an update today with 4.81 as a base. Use it with the newest build of psnpatch and you can use the PSN though note that PSN use on CFW even with the precautions of psnpatch can get you banned. Other than that no real reason to update as everything else is mostly the same. Though there were a few changes made to the cobra payload that may make things a bit more stable.

Go figure they release the update right after setting up your system

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, it's tempting to update since I tried the PSP Launcher and it wouldn't work, instead it pops up a message about licenses in PSN. Also, I might connect to PSN to get my Vita demo for Adrenaline.

Basically I installed Rebug on XMB instead of Safe Mode and it worked, hopefully it'll help some folks too if theirs is showing data is corrupted.

As for PS1 and PS2 games, they're working, and I'm in cloud nine right now. Bonus: I got to set up FTP for the first time in my life :D

By the way, I have a question, is the PS2 emulator in the Slim the same as the one found on the BC models?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All ps3s use the same emulator for psn items though if I recall correctly. Basically BC units don't emulate it but rather use extra hardware to run it. This Hardware is lacking in non BC units and they rely on the emulator used for the psn releases to run ps2 content. Which is just less reliable than using the emotion engine hardware built into the BC units.

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'll take whatever I can. I just tried Digital Devil Saga and the framerate was pretty bad in some spots, but another title ran fine. BC models are like dinosaurs anyway, pretty much extinct at this point.

By the way, Rebug 4.80 can't connect to the PSN so I need to update to 4.81?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly 4.80 is unable to connect without spoof but since rebug just released 4.81 today you can update and use it if you wish. Same update procedure as last time just no need to reinstall webman or mm though they may have updated the rebug toolbox so download and install that all over again and make sure to run it to enable cobra and webman and set it to rebug mode again as the cfw installs with those all turned off by default so you must set them again.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and one more thing. The PSP launcher will always give an error about license until a PSP game is mounted. They don't work well on the ps3 either but to try a game copy it to the PSPISO folder on your drive and mount it with mm or webman.

OK fine one more thing lol

Install the following to run out of region psone games.
http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=248

Mount them with mm or webman then run the psx launcher linked here

Last edited by mikey420,

alienfromouterspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I'll try that. I noticed that at least one PS1 game didn't work on webman though it might have been for the fact that the game is patched(game was never released on the west).

About PSN I can spoof from 4.80.1, right? If I get banned, would only the account get banned or would any accounts I make on my console get banned too?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the psx launcher I linked to you. Its designed to play import psx games that otherwise spit an error about video settings and such. If it doesn't work try an unmodified build.

kapapt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why stay on old cfw? Install 4.80 rebug or habib 4.81 cobra and you get your console updated and you can play ps1, ps2, psp and ps3 games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."