Question Is it possibile to edit the title of a thread?

Braig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since I created a thread but I made a typing error and I haven't noticed, is there a way to edit the title?
Forgive me, the next time I'll try to be more careful

Last edited by Braig,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if regular members can do this? but check here:

b1d7e1fb84.png

If you can't, just direct me to the thread you need changed and how you want it changed, and I'll fix it for you.

Reactions: takeya yuki

Braig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

b1d7e1fb84.png

If you can't, just direct me to the thread you need changed and how you want it changed, and I'll fix it for you.
For me there's no edit button

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://gbatemp.net/threads/must-epic-game-music.444107/
I wanted to write "most epic game music"
Sorry again if i disturbed you for only a letter

Last edited by Braig,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

b1d7e1fb84.png

Regular members can not edit thread titles, only staff members can.

takeya yuki

I am now someone waifu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

b1d7e1fb84.png

So Fraulein Chary. How to delete my unwanted thread? Because I don't need that thread anymore....

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it's pretty silly regular members can't edit their own thread titles, or delete their own posts or threads. Where's the harm? It would sure make the staff's jobs easier not having to worry about such petty crap and let them be freed up to work on important things.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not a major burden though, it takes seconds to do and usually warrants no staff discussion, unlike other things which may well result in a discussion and ultimately a cleanup.
Equally in places where you can delete and edit things there is often seen to be people deleting things when they decide to leave, which can cause disruption to others in established threads and half the point of of the forums is the ability to search through old stuff. More subtle things also happen, doubly so if things are stuck on the portal.
To that end no real burden, no major downsides (people seem to be quite able to conduct discussions, host project threads and have guides, any limitations coming more from being a forum and not a more robust CMS or something) and damage limitations. Win, win, win really.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It is not a major burden though, it takes seconds to do and usually warrants no staff discussion, unlike other things which may well result in a discussion and ultimately a cleanup.
Equally in places where you can delete and edit things there is often seen to be people deleting things when they decide to leave, which can cause disruption to others in established threads and half the point of of the forums is the ability to search through old stuff. More subtle things also happen, doubly so if things are stuck on the portal.
To that end no real burden, no major downsides (people seem to be quite able to conduct discussions, host project threads and have guides, any limitations coming more from being a forum and not a more robust CMS or something) and damage limitations. Win, win, win really.
I guess I needed another set of eyes to fully understand why the forum is setup this way, and it does indeed make sense to me now. Changing thread titles could alter or entirely break search results, for example. Thank you for this refreshing view on the subject.

Last edited by Jayro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting stran on the ports. Instead of having the porrs along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick...