Gaming Is it okay if I take some time right now to have a personal rant

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there will be some kind of backwards compatibility once they start with 3DS Pokemon games where you can import one to a special area to recatch it like they did with a few of the system jumps in the past.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no worries abut it, and I hope the 3ds never has flash carts.
I'm only hoping for a 3DS flashcart for the sake of 3D homebrew.

That's what everybody says, but we all know the people who "just" want homebrew, will also pirate.
That's the way to jump to conclusions. :glare:
Seriously. I only want 3D homebrew.

So you're saying, if say, Super Smash Bros comes out for the 3DS, it being the best game to date, and a flashcard is out before then and has full compatibility, you would still only use that flashcard for homebrew? I find it hard to believe people are willing to pay $10+ for a cartridge so they can play basement creations and expect to have fun. Sure, homebrew is good, but wanting a flashcard to play homebrew when it can do so much more, is pointless.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying, if say, Super Smash Bros comes out for the 3DS, it being the best game to date, and a flashcard is out before then and has full compatibility, you would still only use that flashcard for homebrew? I find it hard to believe people are willing to pay $10+ for a cartridge so they can play basement creations and expect to have fun. Sure, homebrew is good, but wanting a flashcard to play homebrew when it can do so much more, is pointless.
I would much rather support game developers than commit a crime.

It sounds like you're trying to stop people from creating a flashcart :ha:

D

Deleted-236924

That's what everybody says, but we all know the people who "just" want homebrew, will also pirate.

So now that he stated he wouldn't use a flashcard for piracy, you're complaining about the fact that he doesn't want to pirate games?
Irony at its finest.

And $10 is nothing. And saying that homebrew as a whole isn't fun is incredibly wrong.
Lets take a look at the homebrew I currently have loaded onto my DSTwo, shall we?
ComicBookDS, DS2Key, DScraft, GBA Backup Tool, GeneriDex, NeoPlat, PPSE-DS, TextrisDS, WabbitDS, fireworlds, savegame-manager, nesDS, BAGSFC, NDSGBA, lameboy...

Lets look at what could be done on the 3DS.
- 3DS2Key: No comments needed.
- 3DScraft: Minecraft, but with the 3DS' 3D capabilities.
- Textris: If it could be done in 2D, it could be done in 3D.
- fireworlds: Just take a look at the 2D DS game and try to imagine it in 3D.
- [insert emulator name here]: No comment needed here either.
- savegame manager: Having a homebrew app that would let you backup save files from any DS/3DS game would be incredibly useful.

Conclusion: $10 for homebrew capabilities is an incredibly good price. Also, homebrew isn't only for entertainment; It's all about usefulness.

Edit: Don't forget 3D Nyan Cat. Or a 3D app that would let you shoot arrows to other people's knees.

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, if anything of the sort comes out I just want it to play old snes and gba games (mostly fan translated ones), it'd be awesome to play lets say... SRW J on the 3DS for example or Metal Max on snes. =3

D

Deleted_171835

Or a 3D app that would let you shoot arrows to other people's knees.
6cB5X.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Or a 3D app that would let you shoot arrows to other people's knees.
how aobout you get an andriond phone get the guns app and SHOOT peoples knees with guns

sylverCode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
I would much rather support game developers than commit a crime.

Software piracy for private use is not a crime.

So now that he stated he wouldn't use a flashcard for piracy, you're complaining about the fact that he doesn't want to pirate games?
Irony at its finest.

And $10 is nothing. And saying that homebrew as a whole isn't fun is incredibly wrong.
Lets take a look at the homebrew I currently have loaded onto my DSTwo, shall we?
ComicBookDS, DS2Key, DScraft, GBA Backup Tool, GeneriDex, NeoPlat, PPSE-DS, TextrisDS, WabbitDS, fireworlds, savegame-manager, nesDS, BAGSFC, NDSGBA, lameboy...

Lets look at what could be done on the 3DS.
- 3DS2Key: No comments needed.
- 3DScraft: Minecraft, but with the 3DS' 3D capabilities.
- Textris: If it could be done in 2D, it could be done in 3D.
- fireworlds: Just take a look at the 2D DS game and try to imagine it in 3D.
- [insert emulator name here]: No comment needed here either.
- savegame manager: Having a homebrew app that would let you backup save files from any DS/3DS game would be incredibly useful.

Conclusion: $10 for homebrew capabilities is an incredibly good price. Also, homebrew isn't only for entertainment; It's all about usefulness.

Edit: Don't forget 3D Nyan Cat. Or a 3D app that would let you shoot arrows to other people's knees.

This. If Nintendo had an "appstore" similar in size with Android/iOS and hadn't be so butthurt about their virtual console, homebrew wouldn't have been needed.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it