Hacking is it ok to delete mimana chronicle after installing tnv11?

Entonghibang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the noob question, please enlighten me guys? I saw the Eboot file of it when browsing through fpt, just wondering it could also save some space

D

Deleted User

I think the TN-V11 bubble disappears if you delete Mimina and then do a database refresh. Personally, I think it's better to make a backup of the bubble, and then try to delete Mimina and see what happens.

Entonghibang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the fast reply master! another question what if i play it through onemenu , and overwrite the save file? does it will affect the exploit
?

Entonghibang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant identify if it has more slot, and Im also scared to start a new game because It may overwrite the saved file rightaway.

D

Deleted User

Actually, if you've made a backup of Mimina with the TN-V bubble overlayed on it, then I would go ahead and delete the exploit data, as you can backup your proper game save and install back the exploit save whenever you need it again. :)

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fine peoples,
Objectively I would love to delete Mimina from my system to gain back that 600 MB space.
In doing so though, from what I understand, I need to replace the game with another?

I'm slightly lost here, would someone mind helping me in the right direction?
If possible I would love to delete Mimina and use a much smaller game for the boot title to launch TN-V.

My Vita is FW 3.55.

Thanks!

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current PSPmode hacks rely on a base game. (In this case, Mimana is the base game because you installed TN-V in place of its bubble.) Deleting the base game files will remove your ability to access that hacked bubble. Thus, you cannot simply delete Mimana and expect TN-V to continue to work.

As mentioned, you can, however, install the CFW (TN-V) on top of a different base game. To do so, download another (smaller) PSP game/demo, and copy the TN-V/ARK PBOOT.PBP to that new game's folder. Restart your system and if all goes well, you should have two bubbles for your hacks. You can then delete your original base game and continue to use your homebrew on the new bubble.

Also, I'm pretty sure the save file doesn't matter after the bubble has already been exploited. That is, you should be able to play and save Mimana without messing up your homebrew. I'm not 100% sure on this, though.

Last edited by TehCupcakes,

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory I agree with the original bubble/exploit needing to be on the system. But the system needs some sort of "hook" if you will to send it into the TN-V environment.
Your response is appreciated, and I'll get on it and post results here soon! Thank you!

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
The current PSPmode hacks rely on a base game. (In this case, Mimana is the base game because you installed TN-V in place of its bubble.) Deleting the base game files will remove your ability to access that hacked bubble. Thus, you cannot simply delete Mimana and expect TN-V to continue to work.

As mentioned, you can, however, install the CFW (TN-V) on top of a different base game. To do so, download another (smaller) PSP game/demo, and copy the TN-V/ARK PBOOT.PBP to that new game's folder. Restart your system and if all goes well, you should have two bubbles for your hacks. You can then delete your original base game and continue to use your homebrew on the new bubble.

Also, I'm pretty sure the save file doesn't matter after the bubble has already been exploited. That is, you should be able to play and save Mimana without messing up your homebrew. I'm not 100% sure on this, though.

Problem with 3.55 is that Mimana is the only known exploit game other than MGS: PO+ though. Unlike older firmwares where minis with ~ 20MB sizes (that are also cheaper than full games) can be used so you don't waste as much space on an exploit game you won't play, also you can try your hand at making custom bubbles for "FTP for Vita" or "PicoDrive" for example which require you to clone the exploit game, so the smaller the better.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem with 3.55 is that Mimana is the only known exploit game other than MGS: PO+ though. Unlike older firmwares where minis with ~ 20MB sizes (that are also cheaper than full games) can be used so you don't waste as much space on an exploit game you won't play, also you can try your hand at making custom bubbles for "FTP for Vita" or "PicoDrive" for example which require you to clone the exploit game, so the smaller the better.
Um... I never stated otherwise? But what games are "exploitable" is strictly for your first install. You can install on Mimana, copy it over to a smaller game, then delete Mimana and keep ARK/TN-V on the other game. That other game does not have to be one of the "exploitable" games.

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you first and foremost for your help guys.

I ran into an issue with the copying however. After some research it seems the Vita has locked write access to the GAME folder of the system. Vita FTP/PSP Filer or otherwise.

The only thing I haven't done is installed ARK and tired the built in file browser/editor.

When you advised in copying over the PBOOT to the smaller game folder, did you mean with ARK? Or with CMA? As neither are working because of the editing permissions of the GAME folder.

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. That did it!
I was successful! For whatever reason, the FTP homebrew application works for data transfer to the GAME folder on ARK, but not TN-V.
It's really a simple matter of moving the PBOOT TN-V file into the demo folder (I used a "Mini" type game) once you are using the FTP system inside of ARK!
I want to document this so if more people have issues, they can follow my route, and hopefully shorten their process.

Now I have a TN-V launcher at only 11 MB!
For anyone wondering, I purchased the mini title - Alien Zombie Death (11MB) - Smallest I could find for the price! 0.99 cents!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.