Hacking Is installing coldboot hax really dangerous or just not newbie proof?

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, im about to get haxchi and want to set up CBH.
Well I've heard of several bricks, and I'm not sure if it's because people didnt follow the instruction or because of sth else.

I've wanted to use this -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

Tutorial but in my opinion it's because of the many methods presented a bit muddled up.
Is there a topic which is dedicated for the install of haxchi and cbh?

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you mean CBHC? It's completely safe. The bricks are just user errors so it's not CBHCs fault. Just be careful and read the guide completely before doing anything yourself!

Plushie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Most bricks I've seen come from people using an non-legit ds game as target. If you're going to coldboot, PAY a visit to the e-shop first (pun intended).

Reactions: Zekamon

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Most bricks I've seen come from people using an non-legit ds game as target. If you're going to coldboot, PAY a visit to the e-shop first (pun intended).
Alright buddy XD

Short Question:
What if I have for example installed the unsigned version of Super Mario 64 and buy the same game on the eShop?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing un-safe about CBHC is the possibility of a brick, and it usally is caused by not following instructions, I've been using it since fix94 released it, and it is truly awesome!!! Make a nand backup beforehand, so you are completely safe.

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright buddy XD

Short Question:
What if I have for example installed the unsigned version of Super Mario 64 and buy the same game on the eShop?
Why would you do that? I never did that so just delete the unsigned, install CBHC on the signed and DON'T install the unsigned again.

Just get a game that you don't want to play like Dr. Kawashima or something. (If you have the Wii U since DS VC came out it should be free)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would you do that? I never did that so just delete the unsigned, install CBHC on the signed and DON'T install the unsigned again.

Just get a game that you don't want to play like Dr. Kawashima or something. (If you have the Wii U since DS VC came out it should be free)
It's only free if you registered a wiiu nnid before July 2014 if not you need to pay.

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, i heard some people got that game for free, it was worth 7 bucks to me though!!!
I had luck that I got my Wii U like some days before DS VC launched so I never had to pay for any hacks [emoji14]
Well I guess that's a good choice for me too.
The only thing un-safe about CBHC is the possibility of a brick, and it usally is caused by not following instructions, I've been using it since fix94 released it, and it is truly awesome!!! Make a nand backup beforehand, so you are completely safe.
Well not If you dont bother not to repair it right?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not a problem for Nintendo?
I can install the eshop game too?
No. Only one NNID per console. If you buy on one Wii U you can only use it on second Wii U after you do a system transfer

Hello, im about to get haxchi and want to set up CBH.
Well I've heard of several bricks, and I'm not sure if it's because people didnt follow the instruction or because of sth else.

I've wanted to use this -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

Tutorial but in my opinion it's because of the many methods presented a bit muddled up.
Is there a topic which is dedicated for the install of haxchi and cbh?
The guide is a noob guide. It's designed for people starting out but you can read through the flow chart and skip steps that you have already completed. The CBHC steps and section is current. You can follow that section if you already have HaxChi running.

It's not "muddled up". It's educational. You should read through the entire thing before you follow the flow chart so you understand completely what you are doing. I could have just done a "step-by-step" like other guides but a lot of users end up bricking because they don't understand what they have.

(Sorry, that guide is kind of "my baby". I work hard on it every day and I appreciate specific constuctive criticism and I get all bent when someone bashes on it without specific ways to make it better)

Last edited by Kafluke,

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. Only one NNID per console. If you buy on one Wii U you can only use it on second Wii U after you do a system transfer

The guide is a noob guide. It's designed for people starting out but you can read through the flow chart and skip steps that you have already completed. The CBHC steps and section is current. You can follow that section if you already have HaxChi running.

It's not "muddled up". It's educational. You should read through the entire thing before you follow the flow chart so you understand completely what you are doing. I could have just done a "step-by-step" like other guides but a lot of users end up bricking because they don't understand what they have.

(Sorry, that guide is kind of "my baby". I work hard on it every day and I appreciate specific constuctive criticism and I get all bent when someone bashes on it without specific ways to make it better)

Im sorry If it wasnt that constructive or offend you, I know and appreciate the effort you are doing in this Community and the amount of work you put in to it.
Yeah Im just used to step by step guides, and im kind of confused, because when im at step 4 and have to go the step 2 back again.
I'll give it another shot, and read it all over.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry If it wasnt that constructive or offend you, I know and appreciate the effort you are doing in this Community and the amount of work you put in to it.
Yeah Im just used to step by step guides, and im kind of confused, because when im at step 4 and have to go the step 2 back again.
I'll give it another shot, and read it all over.
No problem. Let me know how I can help. I want the guide to be easy to follow. Any section that needs clarifying will be fixed if you let me know

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Kafluke Short Question: At the Picture on the beginning where it asks :
Did you install Haxchi?
If yes: Step 5 Method 1 Haxchi method
If no : Step 5 Method 2 Mocha CFW

Did you mean to ask Do you want to install Haxchi or how should I understand it.

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Kafluke Short Question: At the Picture on the beginning where it asks :
Did you install Haxchi?
If yes: Step 5 Method 1 Haxchi method
If no : Step 5 Method 2 Mocha CFW

Did you mean to ask Do you want to install Haxchi or how should I understand it.
If you have Haxchi you should use Method 1. If you don't you are going to install it in Method 2 afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated