Hacking Is Henkaku Enzo working for you?

Is Henkaku Enzo working for you?

• Total voters

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
IIRC the Vita installs updated by basically wiping all the system stuff (short of personal information) and replacing it with new stuff.

So, when the installer says it checks "os0", does it check "vs0" modifications too?

Definitly, Enso Henkaku firmware reinstallation uses some Sony "hidden" infrastructure: I never had the same firmware installation screen (with simple white and pink text) when I installed firmware updates, even through safe mode.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, when the installer says it checks "os0", does it check "vs0" modifications too?

Definitly, Enso Henkaku firmware reinstallation uses some Sony "hidden" infrastructure: I never had the same firmware installation screen (with simple white and pink text) when I installed firmware updates, even through safe mode.
No vs0 modifications are fine but I'm guessing after you used vitarw something else touched os0 without you knowing. In which, you should be thankful we put in this check.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you are right but I don't know what touched my "os0" partition and it worry me, maybe I browsed this partition mounted as "rw" using FileZilla which causes some modifications. :unsure:

Thank you very much for Henkaku and Enso Henkaku!

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enso seems to be working fine for me, I didn't get any kind of modification warning. My educated guess is that the people who did ether enjoying playing in the forbidden city of os0 and really wanna risk their devices.. or they downloaded random vpks off of bad sources and they modified os0 for some nefarious purpose. This is, of course, speculation. Wonder why they touched os0 and didn't do anything.. What worries me is the wide spread news is always met with "I don't remember doing any modifications!".

D

Deleted User

No vs0 modifications are fine but I'm guessing after you used vitarw something else touched os0 without you knowing. In which, you should be thankful we put in this check.
thanks for Ensō
when the source code is released will we be able to edit the boot image?

D

Deleted User

Lol not only that but you have a very limited number of pixels. I couldn't even draw any circles without jagged edges.
thats fine for me because what i want to put in is black and white small and pixilated anyway (my avitar is a inflated and edited version)

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its atleast 20x10 because thats how much i was able to count on the boot screen
what i want to put is 15x15 so i should be fine

Surely not, I know the molecule logo is... less then favourable, no offense to the team. The Sony logo looks so clean, it must be higher then that.

D

Deleted User

Surely not, I know the molecule logo is... less then favourable, no offense to the team. The Sony logo looks so clean, it must be higher then that.
ill try to count again but im not able to count every pixel in the short amount of time its displayed
i was able to count 34x19 this time but its there so short so i cant count all of them
im guessing something like 60x60 though

Last edited by ,

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not talking about dimensions, I'm talking about number of pixels. The number of white vs black pixels. It has to do with compression--the molecule logo maxes it out basically. Sony's logo is easier because the white pixels are all in the same region, so it's easy to compress. Molecule's logo has a hollow circle which uses more space. It's a big pita tbh.

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill try to count again but im not able to count every pixel in the short amount of time its displayed
I mean you can, personally I'd just wait to hear from the team. Also OLED pixels are funny.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No I'm not talking about dimensions, I'm talking about number of pixels. The number of white vs black pixels. It has to do with compression--the molecule logo maxes it out basically. Sony's logo is easier because the white pixels are all in the same region, so it's easy to compress. Molecule's logo has a hollow circle which uses more space. It's a big pita tbh.

I understand now, so a simple logo wouldn't be much of a stretch, anything involving empty spots might be troublesome. What an... odd way to do things. Oh well, good on you for using it the way you did, all things considered it could look a lot worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.