Hacking Is hacking the ps3 worth it

DarkWarriorWario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about soft modding my brand new ps3 320 gb console...but resources on this are limited..I hear there are alot of
scams and fake programs....question I have is.....is ps3 modding even worth it?
unsure.gif

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I say yes it s worth it because we play games from any region and don t just wait for them to get localized so the best choice is to hack 3.55 or less always

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Whether it's worth it or not is up to you.
+1.

Pros include playing games for free, playing games from an external drive, running all kinds of homebrew (e.g. emulators), Sony can't execute whatever code they want without warning you, and AsbestOS giving Linux back to PS3.
Cons include random freezing/crashing/corrupting errors, limited PSN access (only available through DNS trick), small chances of bricking (only a few reported for kmeaw's CFW, each attributed to user error), and a bit of paranoia regarding when/if Sony can ban hacked consoles (it's not happened yet).

Personally I don't think it's worth hacking yet - there're only a couple games I want to play, and LBP2 is better played online.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well hacking meens you cant really use online.
So you need to chose between going online or playing free games that take forever to download.
I chose online but donno about you.

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Ahcking is the new president of egypt, right after Mubarak fall

(serious answer: Yes. The benefits Sony promises you for not hacking are too small. Hacking is definitly the way to go)

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Simple choice at the moment:

Full PSN access and gaming online VS. playing backups and homebrew

Roxasorg13

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi...
i think..they are all right..
ex: i play online ...all the time...played * cuz the ps23 doesnt reach the internet weell..
and the games dont take forever..
i can rent one game and then make a backup of it..and there is my very cheap game... : )

and homebrew its a very good pro too

ALSO YA CAN TRY IT..AND IF YA DONT LIKE IT..you can return to OFW..thats what im doing

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its worth it if you have a second ps3 so the unhacked one you use to play online games, and the second hacked one is offline. You got that kind of cash to throw around? If you do send me some
smile.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
aiRWaLKRe said:
You got that kind of cash to throw around? If you do send me some
smile.gif
Sure, just give us your bank details first. Then I can transfer it from the trees in the back garden.

Or, make the second PS3 you get one of the older, cheaper, second hand versions. That tends to save a few dollars.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aiRWaLKRe said:
Its worth it if you have a second ps3 so the unhacked one you use to play online games, and the second hacked one is offline. You got that kind of cash to throw around? If you do send me some
smile.gif
My friend bought 3 PS3s just because of the hack. A PS3 for hacking, a PS3 to play online games, and another PS3 if the one for hacking gets banned he will then hack this one in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: