Status
Not open for further replies.

qaz015393

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so my used vita I ordered a few days ago came in and it is on 3.36. So I was wondering how can I backup the games that are already installed from the previous owners account and add them to my PS account. I was planning on swapping the Vita at my local game store (if I can) for 1 on 3.18 fw but even though I wanted to hack it, I tend to need to use the PS store for work (from time to time).

qaz015393

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok So could I still play/ unlock, etc. the games if I sign in with my PS account. Like will I not be able to use the games. I have the games already installed on the memory cards.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
No.

Gamesharing isn't available on the Vita like it is on the PS3/4. If you sign into a different account, the games won't load. If you happen to have the account details for whatever reason, you could always keep those games backed up, then you could switch accounts by keeping one account on one memory card and another on a second one. However, it's a bit of a pain to keep swapping whenever you want to play XYZ game.

qaz015393

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as long as I keep the account on card with the games then I'm set & I can just use my account on the other 1. That's good to know bc I paid for a bunch of games & half of them are PSNs. Now I just need to wait for a new exploit game & I'm set.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to reiterate:

The Vita only supports one profile per memory card, and that profile is linked to a PSN account. What that boils down to is one PSN account per memory card. Each game downloaded is directly associated with that profile, and the PSN account can not simply be changed by logging into another, as the system won't let you do that. The only way to switch PSN accounts is basically to reset the system back to factory settings, and of course that means you will no longer have access to the content that was on the memory card prior as it won't be there anymore. Even if you back the games up with something like CMA, it won't matter as those particular copies of the game will only verify and work with the particular PSN account they were bought with on a Vita actively associated with that PSN account.

qaz015393

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k thanks for the info. Ill just leave my Vita as is then & just get a new memory card for work then so I can still use all the games I paid for.
Closing thread since my Qs were answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: