Hacking Is currently any initiative towards an OC for the Wii U?

adamaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or if it would even be possible?

There are a few games with FPS issues and I'm curious if this avenue has been explored beyond the realm of speculation?

*title edit: OC Tool

Last edited by adamaxis,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way beyond IMO. A OC in a hypothetical linux mode would be a stretch. Tinkering with the processor while the WiiU OS has priority running a game as intended is even more unlikely.

Best bet if you need that FPS fix is do it on CEMU with in a few months/years, it will accomplish this task long before this project would get off the ground.

Nothing is impossible but even logical homebrew/apps are scarce and seem somewhat abandoned, safe bet is you will never see this.

Last edited by jimbo13,

Blitzur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have never seen a OC homebrew. Maybe the psp was able i think but i have never heard of something else. There are ways to oc old stuff like the n64/gb with a hardwaremod. Would be cool. I mean the wiiu uses a thermal pad instead of proper paste. If you change it and beef up the fan there should be room for a small oc. Would be cool :)

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Considering Espresso doesn't support clock gating I think it's unlikely - the hardware needed to achieve higher clock speeds simply isn't there.

Last edited by lefthandsword,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr