Hacking Is anyone working on a Bruteforce like device for PS4?

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! The reason I ask this is because I want to change my U.S. Bloodborne save to a European save so that I can use my save data on the GotY edition. I like to have everything on disc so that I'm the only who truly owns everything. I don't know if anything's out yet, so I just wanted to ask.

And please don't say "just play the GotY edition and start a new file." I've gotten everything in my file (and I mean literally everything). I don't feel like doing everything again. I would rather use my file I already have.

Thanks

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! The reason I ask this is because I want to change my U.S. Bloodborne save to a European save so that I can use my save data on the GotY edition. I like to have everything on disc so that I'm the only who truly owns everything. I don't know if anything's out yet, so I just wanted to ask.

And please don't say "just play the GotY edition and start a new file." I've gotten everything in my file (and I mean literally everything). I don't feel like doing everything again. I would rather use my file I already have.

Thanks

There is currently no Bruteforce like application. Sorry for the late response. You will have to wait a long time for this.

Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding! I don't mind waiting at all. Do you know if someone is at least in the process of making it?

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you personally think it will happen eventually? Or is the PS4 too hard to crack? Did it take a while for people to get into the PS3 too?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you personally think it will happen eventually? Or is the PS4 too hard to crack? Did it take a while for people to get into the PS3 too?

We all thought, "The PS3 is hard to crack", but we kept trying and we got there. The difference is we had GeoHot at the time. Idk if anyone will ever top him. He is the reason for basically everything on PS3. It will happen with time just like PS3. BTW the PS3 isn't fully hacked and it's been released for more than 5 years. It will happen trust me. Not soon of course. Bruteforce was popular for PS3 so idk why they wouldn't copy it to PS4. We also don't know the complete filesystem of the PS4 and without that we can't know what is going on and how they encrypt there saves. If we knew the encryption method we could possibly decrypt it. BTW if we decrypt the save we can edit it all we want. People probably already edit there saves and are testing this, but can't release anything public just yet. Just keep hoping for release mate! ^_^

Last edited by Zero72463,
Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's very reassuring! Thanks for your help and for letting me know. I really appreciate it :)

When it does happen, I can't wait to use it on Bloodborne!

Last edited by RedRose30,
Reactions: Zero72463

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's very reassuring! Thanks for your help and for letting me know. I really appreciate it :)

When it does happen, I can't wait to use it on Bloodborne!

What we need for something like Bruteforce is a way to decrypt the ps4 save data. Unfortunately they SERIOUSLY pumped up the encryption for save data in the new console and afaik no one has managed to crack it yet. Iirc, there was either a flaw in the ps3 save data encryption, or one of the keys was leaked, making it MUCH easier to handle.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We all thought, "The PS3 is hard to crack", but we kept trying and we got there. The difference is we had GeoHot at the time.

geohot was responsible for linux being removed from the ps3 due to his hacking attempts, in terms of free cfw he just came in at the end. failoverflow were mostly responsible for that.

But the PS3 had already been hacked enough to allow homebrew and piracy. The first commercial USB dongles were reverse engineered and open source versions created. The later ones were just to stop you pirating the CFW, which were possible due to the three musketeers work. Geohot only produced a free alternative, his earlier work on ps3 Linux may have helped but we don't know.

http://wololo.net/2012/10/24/ps3-blown-open-scene-chaos-lv0-keys-leaked-and-working/

There has to be an exploit waiting to be found and there has to be people willing and able to find it. One person on their own will tend to just hoard the information.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: lampdemon

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are there people working together to do this? And while I am completely clueless about truly hacking anything, there is always a flaw somewhere, right?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are there people working together to do this? And while I am completely clueless about truly hacking anything, there is always a flaw somewhere, right?

Unfortunately, no, there is not "always a flaw somewhere". We actually have kernel access on PS4s already (on 1.76) but afaik there is no way to load game backups or otherwise mess with encryption/decryption yet.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, no, there is not "always a flaw somewhere". We actually have kernel access on PS4s already (on 1.76) but afaik there is no way to load game backups or otherwise mess with encryption/decryption yet.
I know I already asked this, but do you think it will happen eventually? Even if it's a couple of years from now?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I already asked this, but do you think it will happen eventually? Even if it's a couple of years from now?

No matter what by saying whether we believe it or not, we will never know. Right now we haven't gotten very far with the PS4. If it makes you feel better like it will come out then yes. No matter what we just can't see in the future. I know you didn't ask me, but he probably would've had a similar response.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what by saying whether we believe it or not, we will never know. Right now we haven't gotten very far with the PS4. If it makes you feel better like it will come out then yes. No matter what we just can't see in the future. I know you didn't ask me, but he probably would've had a similar response.
This is very true. I guess we will have to wait and see. I do wish you guys luck in cracking the PS4. And thanks.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since a PS4 game has recently been decrypted (if it's really true), does this mean hackers now have the ability to make Bruteforce? I know it's going to take time obviously but is it actually possible now?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since a PS4 game has recently been decrypted (if it's really true), does this mean hackers now have the ability to make Bruteforce? I know it's going to take time obviously but is it actually possible now?

If the PS4 game's got decyrpted then we could cheat in general. Not just cheat at save games. Although idk if they really decyrpted games.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I thought saves were interchangeable? Like US game/UK save and vice versa? Yet suppose due to the different product codes, this won't work.

I have Bloodborne from the US store, yet was going to buy the EU physical disc.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought saves were interchangeable? Like US game/UK save and vice versa? Yet suppose due to the different product codes, this won't work.

I have Bloodborne from the US store, yet was going to buy the EU physical disc.

The saves do have different codes depending on the region so it won't work. Hopefully Warez really did manage to decrypt the save. That way we could use our original files with the GotY edition eventually.

That and I kind of want to edit my character so that she has a more muscular physique instead of an average physique lol.

Reactions: retrofan_k

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, if this was a ps3 game, i would suggest using the game genie by hyperkin, which i have, is a save editor for ps3 games and also unlock save restrictions for some games. So i guess as long as there isn't anything like that yet, there has to be a way to decrypt save data or even copy it to pc if not restricted, to be able to do said things. Is it not possibe to just rename a folder or file to have the system recognise it as something? Ps4 games are all region free anyway.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the PS4 game's got decyrpted then we could cheat in general. Not just cheat at save games. Although idk if they really decyrpted games.

Depends on a couple of things, first and foremost whether or not the release is real (it appears to be, but with no way to run/test its hard to know for sure at this point). Secondly, it depends on HOW they managed to get the decrypted game. If they used a hardware modification to hijack and jump the decrypted files as they were loaded/ran (similar to the initial method of dumping decrypted Vita games), then it would probably useless in regards to messing with saves. It is also possible that the decrypted game was a leaked developer version like what we saw a few weeks ago for the Vita.

To be honest, even if they managed to actually crack/find the encryption keys used to encrypt the game files for games, there is no guarantee that the same key is used for save data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +2