Hardware Is Amiiqo Dead?

_Pro_Man_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who do not know what Amiiqo is, it is a small disc shaped amiibo emulating device. Website: Amiiqo.com. There last update was August 30th. Do you think that they are done with the Amiiqo project? I was really counting on ordering the USB NFC reader, as I do not have an Android phone with NFC. Anyone know where I can get a cheap Android phone with NFC?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
They sent the rewards earlier this month for early adopters. They sent an email explaining the delay about 10 weeks ago, and said that the USB version is coming on December.

So, no it's not dead

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For those of you who do not know what Amiiqo is, it is a small disc shaped amiibo emulating device. Website: Amiiqo.com. There last update was August 30th. Do you think that they are done with the Amiiqo project? I was really counting on ordering the USB NFC reader, as I do not have an Android phone with NFC. Anyone know where I can get a cheap Android phone with NFC?
I also do not have an Android device with NFC capability and they keep delaying the release of their NFC reader/writer so I decided to make my own software. Google "Amiiqo Manager" :)

_Pro_Man_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also do not have an Android device with NFC capability and they keep delaying the release of their NFC reader/writer so I decided to make my own software. Google "Amiiqo Manager" :)
That is perfect, as I have a Windows computer. Alright, so I would need this http://ebay.com/itm/321546809495 and this http://ebay.com/itm/PN532-NFC-RFID-...-Arduino-UNO-Mega-2560-R3-A124-/171044388948? You said that not all of the boards will works. How can I tell if this one will work? Are there any signs pointing to it working? If this one doesn't work, could you please link me to one that does. Preferably on eBay. After I get the two, is it a simple connection, or what needs to be done? Thanks again for making the program, this will really help me!

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That is perfect, as I have a Windows computer. Alright, so I would need this http://ebay.com/itm/321546809495 and this http://ebay.com/itm/PN532-NFC-RFID-...-Arduino-UNO-Mega-2560-R3-A124-/171044388948? You said that not all of the boards will works. How can I tell if this one will work? Are there any signs pointing to it working? If this one doesn't work, could you please link me to one that does. Preferably on eBay. After I get the two, is it a simple connection, or what needs to be done? Thanks again for making the program, this will really help me!
The eBay links you gave are for different products. You need items 252079825668 ($12.03) and 252123624606 ($0.99). Please note that there are good (original) and bad (clone/copy) PN532 boards and although the picture of item 252079825668 looks like a good board, the board you receive might be a bad one which does not work with Amiiqo. I bought my good board from a seller (evelyn deng's store) on AliExpress and bad board from a seller (alice1101983) on eBay. When you receive the board, you need to solder the 4-pin header on the board and connect 4 wires, vcc-vcc, gnd-gnd, rx-tx and tx-rx.

Last edited by _Tim_,

Clau46

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a couple of questions about this

1. Will the Amiiqo work with the old 3ds with the external NFC reader/writer.
2. Will the USB version of the amiiqo work with a android phone

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a couple of questions about this

1. Will the Amiiqo work with the old 3ds with the external NFC reader/writer.
2. Will the USB version of the amiiqo work with a android phone
There is no USB version of the amiiqo, they are releasing a USB reader/writer that uses NFC to communicate with the Amiiqo, the Amiiqo device itself is still the same. It emulates an Amiibo so it will work with everything that Amiibos work with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.