Is Adobe Flash beginning to cast off?

D

Deleted User

The only thing Flash is good for is for torturing yourself with those shitty Flash game sites.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heck, there's probably even web-based games that use HTML5.

Although Interactive Buddy is the shit, we need him in HTML5 so Java can die off peacefully without losing him.

Isn't HTML 5 a thing that works with Java?
Least thats what I heard from a few game devs.
Though I thought there was a non Java HTML5 thing out there, eh, I'm really not doing my homework lately.

D

Deleted User

I don't think I'm able to disable Flash on Google Chrome, either that or I don't know how to.
rYsQhwv.png
I get this everywhere I go and 'Run this time' does nothing. It's apparently updating, though.

6qN8iST.png

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think I'm able to disable Flash on Google Chrome, either that or I don't know how to.
rYsQhwv.png
I get this everywhere I go and 'Run this time' does nothing. It's apparently updating, though.

6qN8iST.png
Just click Disable under Adobe Flash Player (in chrome://plugins)
Schermata del 2015-07-15 23:05:57.png

Use firefox instead of chrome to fix your problem.
I love Firefox too but it doesn't work very well with YouTube without Flash.

Reactions: Deleted User

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Flash has been "meh" to me. YouTube and some streaming sites I still use it on. Perhaps flash would be less of a thing for me if I wasn't using Firefox.

I've been wanting to switch from FireFox and try out Chrome for awhile. But until Chrome lets me setup something like this, I won't use it:

TabPage.jpg

I rather like having pinned thumbnails of my most used sites as a new tab/home page (yes FireFox lets me make that my homepage). Chrome sorta has this, but it won't let me pin them and they only display page/tab history. I can't really customize them.

That and I don't know if NoScript or Greasemonkey have add-ons for Chrome. If they don't, then I won't be switching anytime soon. :P

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Flash has been "meh" to me. YouTube and some streaming sites I still use it on. Perhaps flash would be less of a thing for me if I wasn't using Firefox.

I've been wanting to switch from FireFox and try out Chrome for awhile. But until Chrome lets me setup something like this, I won't use it:

View attachment 21844

I rather like having pinned thumbnails of my most used sites as a new tab/home page (yes FireFox lets me make that my homepage). Chrome sorta has this, but it won't let me pin them and they only display page/tab history. I can't really customize them.

That and I don't know if NoScript or Greasemonkey have add-ons for Chrome. If they don't, then I won't be switching anytime soon. :P
There are alternatives to your extensions:
NoScript: ScriptSafe or ScriptBlock
Greasemonkey: TamperMonkey (compatible with Greasemonkey scripts)

Personally, I won't switch until I find a good alternative to YouTube Video and Audio Downloader.

Last edited by nastys,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well if HTML5 is set to render flash's video playback and animation abilities pointless then I was linked to the thing that will probably kill 95% of the rest of use cases, and of web based java while it is at it.

Something in webdev I found interesting... this is almost as bad as the time there was something in databases I found interesting.
... aspiring web devs, first of all you have my condolences for being about 10 years too late to the party, but if you must then I would suggest learning something like what the video above teaches. Get in ahead of the curve and you might still have a chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr