Hardware Is a PS3 worth it?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
If there are a lot of games on it that you want, and you have the money for games, buy it and keep it legit. If you're just looking to pirate games, don't bother. It's still too expensive to worth bricking.

Reactions: suppow

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive grown up with Nintendo and Nintendo only, but then I kinda wanted something more so I went for a Ps3. Let me tell you buddy if you have an Hdtv you will be amazed my friend not just in quality and sound but in gameplay to. So go for it, wont dissapoint you.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I've still got mine from launch and they were expensive back then, i can say i haven't regretted the purchase and i've stayed legit with mine.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Is it worth it if you already own a 360??

I had all 3 consoles at the same time, PS3, 360 and a Wii.

I've only kept the PS3, as that was the only console i was playing, the other two were gathering dust.

If you already have the 360 then i dunno, guess it depends on how bad you wanna play the exclusives, as most releases are multi-platform.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's getting a bit old now.... the next gen is only a year-n-a-bit off now, but if you can find one on the cheap.... Do you have a 360? Owning both myself there isn't a great deal separating the 2, and if you're happy with the 360 you might not be as impressed with a PS3 at this time.... Worth it for its exclusive games though - if you're green with envy looking at those then sure, grab the slim and as big an hd as possible!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the advantages of having a larger HDD on a PS3? And why slim? I thought fat would be cheaper.

phat models r very prone to ylod almost to the extent of rrod for early 360s. a large hdd is a must for the ps3 since many games have mandatory installs that can be several gigs per game.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only reason why I would say to get a bigger HDD is because if you have PS+ like me, you run out of room quick. Hell, I only have 20 games in my folder, and one or 2 movies on my HDD and I have like 30 gigs lift.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
phat models r very prone to ylod almost to the extent of rrod for early 360s. a large hdd is a must for the ps3 since many games have mandatory installs that can be several gigs per game.
Only the first few batches which had cooling issues, mind you, and YLOD can be easily prevented as long as the PS3 is properly ventilated and has enough space around it. If you're truly worried about it, simply install copper shims on the processor and the GPU - it's a simple process and it'll effectively cool the console down.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you can install up to 1TB in you ps3... my friend did that and has no problem with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu