Hardware Is a ps3 3.55 worth more than one with current firmware?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ok then, so my DS Lite should be worth tons more because I can use a flashcard on it, my Wii is worth more because it's softmodded, my PS2 is worth more because of FMB, my GBA is worth more because of my flashcard, my 360 is worth more because it could be flashed.
I know what you're getting at and it's not working, try a little harder :wink:

But to reply to your quote, all DS Lites and GBAs can use flashcards/carts so to charge more is silly but it doesn't stop people from doing it (and people from buying it). Wii probably would be worth more to the people who do not want to softmod it themselves (old Wiis that can run burnt DVDs will be worth more).

Remember the times where people used to pay for bootlegged games and to flash their console? I wonder why it's frowned upon now - it's nothing different.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Remember the times where people used to pay for bootlegged games and to flash their console?

Yup, I remember. Those are still valid services around here, albeit illegal. Nevertheless, it's easy to find "Service Stations" that'll mod your console fly sky high for a moderate fee.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not worth more just because it CAN be hacked, its worth more because someone already did it for you. I refused to buy a ps3 until I found a 60GB with 3.55 or under firmware for a good price ($200, to be exact)

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A great place to judge the current value of your PS3 is a buy/sell forum. Keep in mind what another gbatemp user already suggested; mod the PS3 with custom firmware before you sell it. At the minimum, advertise that you can put modded firmware for the buyer, if requested. You never know, they might want Rebug instead of Kmeaw. So check some of the numerous buy/sell threads and take note of their selling prices. Let me share my departed Uncles's wise words regarding value, "something is worth what someone else will pay." It's so true. :)

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm defently worth more $$$

example:
none hacked ps3 = 120 BD
hacked ps3 = 160 BD

i dont know how much it worth in dollers so i just used BD( 1 BD= 3 dollers or 15% less)
lol math i suck at math

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn