Hacking Is a 3DS with 1.1.0-0E. firmware considered valuable?

ArchangelPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one used and was wondering if it's considered valuable or if i should just update it to 9.8 and install rxtools

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i should specify that i'm asking if it's valuable in a monetary sense, i buy this stuff cheap hoping to turn a profit. It's a hobby.
Then no, you won't make any more money off it than you would any other 3DS. It's only valuable to the small handful of people looking for factory titles, but I doubt any of them are willing to spend any money on the small chance of yours containing any in working condition.

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm pretty sure, from what i have read in GBATemp, the devs who were requesting 1.x NAND dumps received a number of examples already. So to answer the OP's question, your 3DS is worth as much as a 9.2 firmware unit is. No extra monetary value for being that low system menu, at all.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Get a 4.5 game (ACNL,Luigi's Mansion 2) and update.
2. With a DS flashcart install MSET exploit (DS profile)
3. Upgrade to 9.2 using sysUpdater.
4. Profit!

Reactions: Zidapi

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
to me its worth less than a already working 9.2:shy: since u need to risk updating it to 9.2

Haha yeah. People charging more $$$ for a 1.x unit than other firmware 3DS's, is the same as people trying to sell "midnight purple" O3DS's for more money because they're "rare" :rofl2: Very laughable

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually had a 3DS with 1.1.0-0E firmware aswell, I used Fire Emblem: Awakening and updated it to 4.5. Now I'm looking for a good place to find a DS flashcard in order to set it up for CFW :)
Being on 1.1 does not increase the value but you could make it CFW ready by updating it to 9.2 and maybe selling it for a profit when it can run .cia's, by selling it to noobs who don't know what to do in order to play games you haven't paid for (yet)!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I bought one used and was wondering if it's considered valuable or if i should just update it to 9.8 and install rxtools
Don't update to 9.8, CFW is 9.2 max :P
In fact, don't use a cartridge to update it past 6.x - you will be stuck without a browser meaning no way to launch homebrew.
Do as yacepi15 said, or alternatively, get a hardmod installed and dump the OTP so you can use arm9loaderhax, which is the best way to run CFW. Although it's not quite ready for use yet (a couple issues need fixing), it will allow anything you could imagine, even CFW installed directly onto the 3DS, like what is possible with the PSP. But unless you can solder getting a hardmod installed will cost you some money. And the install process isn't exactly user friendly (part of that is due to it needing a hardmod)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Pereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, arm9loaderhax is N3DS only... O3DS does not have arm9loader.

EDIT : Apparently I was wrong, my bad.

Last edited by Pereb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...