Hacking Is 5.5.1E "SoftmodAble" ?

Philippe Boissard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea, i know some of you might take a deep breath, exhale and go bang your head agains a door.

But i simply had to be 100% sure.
dont wanna go out and buy the wrong wii u.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

In this thread the firmware is marked by red, as far as i am concerned red i universal for no go :P

Sorry to bother you with such a topic, tried to seach on it both google and here, but i clearly remember how a lot of fake hacks was around with the ps3 and 4 so i rather ask and annoy.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current Wii U exploits really do not qualify as "mods" because they are all temporary software patches that clear when you turn off the system.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the OTP on the Wii U? I come from the 3DS scene don't mind me :P
Again, another instance of a noob help thread, asking a question that could be answered with the simplest of Google searches, turning into a highly helpful thread that teaches a lot, whereas threads that are actually useful devolve into stupid arguments.

Reactions: Deleted User

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, searching online for a simple answer can be difficult especially for a beginner. Having to sift through several threads that they don't understand all to maybe find an answer can be discouraging.

Besides, noon threads like these can help more than one person. Sometimes they ask a question others may be wondering as well.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
OTP is a set of registers in the CPU SoC/memory that is programmed at the factory. It's called "OTP" because it means 'One Time Programmable". The factory writes OTP settings to the console and that's it. They can't be reprogrammed/altered after that. Things like console's type (retail, test, dev console) settings are set here. Console id and most likely console unique keys are written here by the way.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OTP is a set of registers in the CPU SoC/memory that is programmed at the factory. It's called "OTP" because it means 'One Time Programmable". The factory writes OTP settings to the console and that's it. They can't be reprogrammed/altered.
Well, that I knew. But what's the OTP Flaw? Something tells me Mr. CaptainRex was talking out of his ass

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I heard about an "OTP" flaw. Maybe it's a flaw in how OTP is read by the console and is involved in some ROP chain or something. It certainly wouldn't involve writing anything to OTP unless Nintendo failed really hard and failed to prevent OTP from being written to. In which case it's technically not OTP anymore and is OTP in name only. :P

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OTP is a set of registers in the CPU SoC/memory that is programmed at the factory. It's called "OTP" because it means 'One Time Programmable". The factory writes OTP settings to the console and that's it. They can't be reprogrammed/altered after that. Things like console's type (retail, test, dev console) settings are set here. Console id and most likely console unique keys are written here by the way.

We want you on WIIU Scene too when IOSU comes out.
Your work on 3DS is great!

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
We want you on WIIU Scene too.
Your work on 3DS is great!

lol maybe that's a possibility. I'm definitely planning to get a Wii-U sometime late this year or next year as I'm really wanting to get the new Zelda game when it comes out. :P

I can't gurantee I will do much with it besides play Zelda on it though. Depends on the console I end up getting and what firmware it's on.

I'm certainly not getting an NX though. It will be too expensive for me to afford. If the Zelda game proves to be really good, maybe I can justify trying to get it in 2018. :P

If I'm able to get the Wii-U before the NX comes out it will most likely be the first "current" gen console I buy from Nintendo since the Nintendo 64. Though maybe I had gotten a Gamecube near the end of it's lifecycle. I can't recall if the Wii was out or not when I did get one as that was so long ago. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What happen when restarting your Wii U :

- The kernel is reloaded.
- The OSDriver's lists is reloaded too ----> The DRVHAX driver is deregistered, so no more syscalls
- The physical/virtual memory map is reloaded too, so the unpatched kernel heap is back
- So were not able to write 0x31000000 and 0x28305800 to the web browser syscall table.

And what about Cafiine or TCPGecko :

- Same, the codehandler is not in memory anymore
- The coreinit jump is not patched

I hope it was clear enough :D

Last edited by NexoCube,

Philippe Boissard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, searching online for a simple answer can be difficult especially for a beginner. Having to sift through several threads that they don't understand all to maybe find an answer can be discouraging.

Besides, noon threads like these can help more than one person. Sometimes they ask a question others may be wondering as well.

THANK YOU!

Besides, i have little knowledge in how these consoles work, so id rather ask.

Anyways, as a semi newb.
I think it would be great if you had a guide for all the diffrent terms you use about how far you guyes have come with the programming.
i know how deep kernel exploit means, but its kinda hard to know what all the other stuff means, and i think it could help solve a lot of the stupid questions out there.

I mean, i did like allmost 2+ hour of reading, but due to lack of understanding what the diffrent stages where, i failed to completely comprehend the information :)

PS: sorry for the grammar

Reactions: 7Robins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: