Is $10.44 good for a 64GB Micro SD Card + Adapter?

XenoWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NEVER buy any sort of storage of device on eBay. Seller ratings, or not, if the price is too good to be true? It usually is...

You just have to see that it is unbranded.

I bought a 32GB card for £10 for my GateWay card the other day. Branded card, in original package from eBay. No problems.
Got a 16GB unbranded a few years back, nothing but problems.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you paid roughly 17 usd for the card but it look nothing like an ultra card which are red and grey I would run it through h2testw regardless. Maybe its an older card that has a much slower write speed but it does say ultra on it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEVER buy any sort of storage of device on eBay. Seller ratings, or not, if the price is too good to be true? It usually is...
There are exceptions, newegg and bestbuy both have accounts on ebay and frequently sell their on sale there, reason from buying from ebay rather then the site you bypass tax and usually get free shipping
Just use common sense when shopping, if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You just have to see that it is unbranded.

I bought a 32GB card for £10 for my GateWay card the other day. Branded card, in original package from eBay. No problems.
Got a 16GB unbranded a few years back, nothing but problems.
Branded or not, they can send you a fake sandisk card. It's not unheard of.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, whether or not the card's branded means nothing. Check the amount of negative feedback, total sales, etc. regardless of positive feedback. Lowest you'll probably find a 64GB card for is $25-28; scrutinize hard if it's around $20-22, write it off entirely if it's less.

Buying storage from eBay isn't always a bad idea, it just requires more research than it's usually worth to save a buck or two.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 64GB micro SD Card, with an adapter for $10.44. It came with free shipping. Is that a good price? What would average be for a 64GB micro SD Card?

Whenever you buy something on ebay that isn't a daily deal or by an official store (best buy, buy.com, new egg, etc) you judge the seller by their negative feedback, not their positive feedback. Heres the last 10 feedback reviews they got.

Fake SD Card.JPG

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well, in my case, I checked the reviews. The seller was listed as trusted.
I bought my card, it was cheap enough. It works. In this case, it does not matter.

Okay, and that's great. However false positives exist. Trusted sellers, positive reviews.. They can all be bought. If it's working as advertised? Awesome! Just don't believe every positive.

XenoWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, and that's great. However false positives exist. Trusted sellers, positive reviews.. They can all be bought. If it's working as advertised? Awesome! Just don't believe every positive.

Don't worry, I've used eBay enough to decide on good and bad sellers. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?