Hardware Is 1,253 USD expensive or OK for this Laptop?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm currently looking for a new laptop and I saw this offer on the internet. The person is selling an HP Elitebook 8560w in my city so I can pick it up in person, it's the model with the quad i7 processor, 2GHz for each and 8 threads (I don't even know what this means). Hard drive of 500GB at 7,200 RPM (I'm actually looking for a Harddrive that runs at a minimum of 7200rpm). RAM of 12GB DDR3 665.3 MHZ (seems fine).

Fortunately, this seems to be compatible with Pro Tools, which is a must for my purchase, but I don't want to rush, I'd like advice from you guys.

Hydrazine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently looking for a new laptop and I saw this offer on the internet. The person is selling an HP Elitebook 8560w in my city so I can pick it up in person, it's the model with the quad i7 processor, 2GHz for each and 8 threads (I don't even know what this means). Hard drive of 500GB at 7,200 RPM (I'm actually looking for a Harddrive that runs at a minimum of 7200rpm). RAM of 12GB DDR3 665.3 MHZ (seems fine).

Fortunately, this seems to be compatible with Pro Tools, which is a must for my purchase, but I don't want to rush, I'd like advice from you guys.

What's the GPU? Unless it's a high-end model (GTX 770m or higher), this laptop is a ripoff.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well, as far as benchmarks, PassMark scores that at about HALF of a 770m (just a ballpark based on the model number since this particular one isn't actually on their list)
BUT
That is a professional video card meant for stuff like advanced CAD applications and other heavy 3D stuff in a professional environment. It's a very expensive KIND of video card and probably explains the price by itself.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you're looking for a laptop capable of decent video editing it's an okay buy; however, I wouldn't recommend it if your main focus is gaming, build a desktop (it'll be cheaper and you can build a powerful one if you're willing to actually spend 1,200)

Hydrazine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or consider the Lenovo Y510p. It has i7, 16GB RAM, a 1TB SSHD, and two-way SLI GTX 755m. A much better deal and will exceed in gaming.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or consider the Lenovo Y510p. It has i7, 16GB RAM, a 1TB SSHD, and two-way SLI GTX 755m. A much better deal and will exceed in gaming.

Keep in mind that the user is from Mexico, so it's possible that is too expensive? You didn't bother listing the price and just said to consider it, way to fail.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, Lenovo is more expensive :( and the cheaper models come with i5. I'm also considering building a PC but it will take more time...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users