Ipod touch 8g or dingoo a330?

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
snico1995 said:
if you care at all about emulation do NOT go for the ipod touch, emulation sucks, i mean even nes lags on my 8gb 2nd gen, but theres a crapload of other stuff you can do, internet, facebook, all that jazz

I have an iPod Touch 3G so I'm not sure about 2G speed's but I assume it only make's a major difference GBA, PSX and N64 definitely not NES. No buttons is annoying but people are working on a control pad for the iPhone and apparently there is an official or at least approved-by-apple one in the works.

LuteFrute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, screw the dingoo and screw the ipod. get a psp. you can get a 3000 for a reasonable price, or a 1000 or slim&lite for cheap on ebay/craigslist. You can find people to hack it for you on craigslst.

Maybe the dingoo really is $hit. the psp is stronger in many ways. It is also made by a well-known company, sony. a psp has downloadable software, too. maybe you can manage to get both an ipod and a psp? I'd rather go for a psp, but whatever. the ipod games are alright. my mom has an ipod touch and I have used it. some games have nice tilt controls. You have to use itunes with it though. (itunes SUCKS)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
cracker said:
alidsl said:
128GB is enough, I can't fill my 32GB Ipod touch up I have almost 80 apps and only 3GB is used

Why would you WANT to make a call from an Ipad?

I'm not an apple fanboy, but I don't understand why people say they are evil.

+ a 50" TV is a big blown up fancy 42" TV

Because:

They are locking people into using only the software that they want the people to run
They force the homebrew devs to buy into their dev program in order to legitimately sign apps so they can be run on real hardware
They don't give the users the ability to use removable media on their portable devices
They force you to use iTunes in order to manage your media and don't even give you the ability to delete tracks, save new playlists, etc. directly on the devices themselves
[removed: whole list of things about iTunes]

QUOTE(Teny @ May 18 2010, 04:23 PM) Remember to buy a case and maybe a screen protector for it too. The back gets scratched really easily, and I'm not sure what they used for the screen of the touch.

My 2 cents: I would avoid a screen protector if you know you will be careful with it. The screens on them are pretty durable and IMO screen protectors are usually annoying as hell when being used with touch screen devices (not to mention annoying as hell in general). My setup is a cheap HK clip together shell with a cheap HK slip case that doubles as a screen cleaner.

Honestly, the zagg invisible shield from zagg.com is really good! You barely notice it on the screen! and the backside of my ipod is really good looking
wink.gif
However, it can be hard to get certain parts to stick to the right place... but it's well worth a try!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LuteFrute said:
Actually, screw the dingoo and screw the ipod. get a psp. you can get a 3000 for a reasonable price, or a 1000 or slim&lite for cheap on ebay/craigslist. You can find people to hack it for you on craigslst.

Maybe the dingoo really is $hit. the psp is stronger in many ways. It is also made by a well-known company, sony. a psp has downloadable software, too. maybe you can manage to get both an ipod and a psp? I'd rather go for a psp, but whatever. the ipod games are alright. my mom has an ipod touch and I have used it. some games have nice tilt controls. You have to use itunes with it though. (itunes SUCKS)

A 3000 isn't ideal currently because of the lack of a permanent CFW. That's assuming it doesn't have 6.10+ of course which would render it useless for homebrew/CFW.

A PSP is definitely better for gaming overall if you aren't just a casual gamer but leaves a lot to be desired if touch and accelerometer controls (gimmicks many times) don't fill the void of deep gameplay.

LuteFrute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cracker said:
A 3000 isn't ideal currently because of the lack of a permanent CFW. That's assuming it doesn't have 6.10+ of course which would render it useless for homebrew/CFW.

A PSP is definitely better for gaming overall if you aren't just a casual gamer but leaves a lot to be desired if touch and accelerometer controls (gimmicks many times) don't fill the void of deep gameplay.

oh, yeah forgot that the 3000 doesn't have a permanent custom firmware. a slim is probably your best choice, because you can install a cfw and it is smaller than the original one...

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPod Tough definitely.

In response to some earlier posts, you definitely want to get a matte screen protector for your iPod, if you get one. It makes it way easier to use.

Edit-- If you do decide to go with a Dingoo, get a hackable PSP 2k instead. Yeah, that sounded bizarre.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
looking at the videos and reviews of the dingoo, im not going to suggest it, in its place, like the other guy said on here, go for the GP2X Wiz, it handles emulation of games better than it does.

idk if it does video, pics, or music, but i think there is an old community site that still has programs that let u do those things.

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 to psp. 1000 is nice, and all 1000's are hackable with a pandora battery. but no AV out and has half the RAM of the slim.

Newer slim models cant be flashed with a permanent custom firmware. There are ways to identify what type of motherboard a slim has, I just cant remember.
The Vader and Kratos slims are all hackable as far as I know.

Enjoying my Darth Vader psp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs